Small Spaces: Ready for the Year of the Rooster

I fell in love with a craft work made by the Nursery One kids in my children's pre-school and decided to come home to replicate some for our own home. It is the year of the Rooster and this seems like the perfect handicraft to put together with the kids! 

Look at the Roosters carefully and you would have noticed that they are made of Circles, Hearts, Teardrops and Triangles! How clever of the teachers? This session turned into a Shapes lesson! I asked Ewan and Faye if they'd like to craft this at home and they nodded excitedly.


TOOLS TO CRAFT:
1 pair of Scissors
1 tube of Glue
1 Marker
Coloured Paper

STEP ONE
Cut out the required shapes 
Circles, Hearts, Triangles, Teardrops and Rectangles



STEP TWO
Assemble them, write New Year greetings and paste them up!

Oh my Rooster! So So Simple! What are you waiting for? Every year, I make one Chinese New Year craft with the children and here's what we have for 2014 [A Red Packet Lantern] and 2015 [A Red Packet Firecracker]. Hmmm I cannot find any CNY craft posts for 2016. I guess I must have forgotten to put something together with them!

With Christmas so close to Chinese New Year, I didn't take down my Christmas decorations until yesterday. Ya... with all the drama mama happening in school, I found some time to quickly put the house together to usher in the Rooster year. It is just something I enjoy doing for the home.

I stripped our Christmas table and turned it around with new photo frames, pictures, flowers and CNY goodies.


I got almost everything I needed from Ikea! The photo frames, the table mat, flowers, vase and Pussy Willows! The rest are obviously reused from previous years. Loving how the home turned out and the next thing I need to do is to head to the bank to get my new notes for next weekend!

Although I realised 幸福 is broken only after I photographed it, I say, "It doesn't represent how I feel right now. I am definitely not broken."


Read also our CNY posts in:


Like Us on Facebook if you enjoyed the read!
A stay at home mum, blogging to widen her social life. 
We want to echo the sound of love through our lives to inspire other mothers alike.

Comments

Popular Posts