DISCOUNT CODE: Hair Health with Kenjo Hair Salon


My hair last came in contact with harsh chemicals some eight months ago. December 2015 to be exact when Kenjo Korean Hair Salon gave me my C Curls. As much as the salon uses high quality products that cause as little damage to our hair as possible, chemicals are chemicals. I had thought an eight-month break would entitle me to a brand new look. I was excited to get some permanent curls because curls suit me best after all. For someone who wakes up without combing her hair, it is a better option to wake with a mob of unruly hair that looks sexy and set every day i.e. curls!

I was disheartened to hear from my stylist, Soo Bin, that we should wait out a little longer because she had planned a nourishing treatment for me instead. Awww...

I tried my luck with her asking twice on seperate occassions before she started, “Really?” and “Awww Really? But if we did only treatment and a trim, there’s nothing for me to write or boast about for the salon!” Her decision was made. She shook her head and reminded me that Hair Health comes first. I reluctantly agreed and was thankful that the salon did not put Hair Makeover as priority. To create publicity for their skills, the most obvious way to reach out to more people is to give me a new look each time. Perm, Colour, Rebond or Cut! However, they chose to care for my tresses above all else. [Read So.Natty's account on her hair stylist's decision too nourish her hair before introducing it to chemicals too]

She saw my dissappointment and suggested she could relent on a new colour instead. Not for the whole head but just a sea of red on the underside. Woo Hoo! Why not! I was as excited as a child, wondering what the final outcome might be.

Knowing I want my curls back [after the C Curl makeover, I lost my natural curls], Soo Bin ironed out big bouncy curls for the Va-Va-Voom look. I now wish I owned a hair iron at home. Then again, I would probably not know how to produce the same effect. Oh dear! Looks like I need to bring Soo Bin home with me!


While Soo Bin listens to my Wants, she always suggests alternatives if she thinks my fantasy hairstyle will not suit me. I had asked for a baby doll fringe before [several times in fact], and she always had the same answer, “You cannot take fringe. Your forehead is too shallow.” You know how women is always trying to find a new look for themselves but have no idea how except to play with their fringes? That is me and my husband is thankful that Soo Bin did not accede to my request because… he hated it when I had the fringe!

To help nourish my hair, I am required to take care of it on a daily basis. The salon suggested I gave Oi a try. I am not one who cares about the brand of the shampoo I use, not even to mention an extra step to silken my hair with conditioner. Being mom to two young kids, I need to get my showering act together and be in/out of the shower room within five minutes or less. Taking a 10-minute shower is an indulgence if you must know. However, I understand the importance of grooming as well. I am not one who spends time in the bathroom combing my hair or moisturising my face so a two-step hair-washing regime can be quite a feat. Still, I made myself do it - for the sake of healthier tresses. 

Oi Shampoo owns a lovely floral scent to its wash and I feel fresh every time I wash my hair. I didn't need much to lather up and I reckon I will have this 280ml bottle to keep for half a year. I had experienced many shampoos that left my hair either too dry or oily, Yet Oi, although being loaded with roucou oil, revitalises my hair with one word - Clean. It is also sulphate- and paraben-free! Most importantly, I can tell the difference from having lifeless hair to one with body. 

Oi Conditioner looks like a moisturising cream to me. It has a powdery scent and after using these two in unison, I smell like I've sprayed some Chanel No. 18 Poudré perfume on myself.  My only gripe about the product is the way it had been bottled. A pump or a tube would have worked better for me because well, it is a lot faster to squirt the product out onto my hand rather than turning the cap to get to my shampoo or conditioner. Furthermore, the conditioner is housed in a wide-mouthed cylinder. It takes up more space than a regular tubed or tall round bottle. Not very clever in its design in my opinion. Single ladies might not find it a problem but to a mom, with every inch of space dedicated to everyone else in the family except herself, she would see it as a challenge.

The magic this duo did to my hair is unbelievable though. I now have Volume and a Good Hair Day after each wash! It does come at a price though at S$34 and S$36 per bottle. That said, it gave my hair a new lease of life as compared to household brands in Cold Storage. I see it as an investment.


Halfway through my pampering session, the husband brought Ewan down for a hair cut after his nap. It had been a year since Ewan permed his hair. We had been growing out his curls and tying it up in a man bun for the year. It was time for him to cut that off now because I am getting a tad tired of tying his hair on a daily basis. A short and boyish style for the rest of the year! Who were the happiest? His grandparents.

Ewan's always been a willing kid for the hair salon chair. Why? Because Soo Bin treats him with biscuits!



Read Also:
29 November 2016 - Colour and Treat with Kenjo Hair Salon
18 April 2016 - The Family's Tresses by Kenjo Hair Salon
9 December 2015 - Makeover at Kenjo Hair Salon
24 June 2015 - Kenjo Hair Salon

Contact:
68 Orchard Road, #04-72, Plaza Singapura (New Wing), Singapore 238839
Phone: 6238 8083
Email: kenjosalon@singnet.com.sg

Deal:
Quote "LIANG MAY" when making an appointment to receive 15% off your hair and makeover services.

Children 5 years and below:
Boys' cut available at S$20
Girls' cut available at S$30

Children 6 years and above:
20% off regular price list [see menu]




Like Us on Facebook if you enjoyed the read!
A stay at home mum, blogging to widen her social life. 
We want to echo the sound of love through our lives to inspire other mothers alike.



Comments

Popular Posts