PRINT FEATURE: Harper's Bazaar Repetto Ballet-Inspired Showcase


I was invited as a guest to attend French ballet shoes company Repetto's spring/summer collection looks, inspired by ballet. It was an invitation I will not want to decline. I was a ballerina but had to stop dancing because of an unfortunate sprain on my lower back when I was 18. The fashion presentation was led by BAZAAR's Senior Fashion Editor, Eindy Aulia, accompanied by three dancers of the Singapore Dance Theatre to show us how elegant and sophisticated one can look in Repetto. They were present at the event as models, showcasing six looks while being en pointe. I adored every single piece in the shop at Ion Orchard. It was a night of fashion and dance.


I decided to make it a girls' night out and brought Serene and Faye along. It's been too long a while since I got all dressed up for a nice evening out and the opportunity to head out to a private showcase was exciting. I had to bring Faye along because she is a sticky little girl [can never leave my sight]. Well, I didn't mind at all because she is such an easy baby to bring out. With a Feminine Chic dress code, I got us both styled to the occasion. 

The biggest regret I had was not taking photographs with the ballerinas. It was probably the only time I'd be able to meet privately. Unfortunately, the shop was jammed packed. I could hardly move from my spot not to mention trying on shoes. It was not easy if you can imagine. Especially when I had to carry my 10-month-old bubba on my hip. 

Faye was the talk of the night, besides Repetto's collection of course. Everyone oohed and aahed when we walked in because she was as pretty as a picture! Every single lady came to pass their compliments on my daughter and I was swelling with pride. Why wouldn't I? Faye, however, was wary and she is never one who entertains strangers unlike her brother. If she was in her teens, people would have labelled her as stuck-up. *haha* Some attitude she's got. 

"Oh just look at her! What a sweetheart!"

"She is in Gatsby fashion!

"Just look at this little girl! Can I take a photo with her please?"

"Oh my! That headgear! Where did you get it from?



Compliments after compliments but Faye did not once return a smile. That's her for you. Two months after the event, I received messages from friends of this picture they found of us in Harper's Bazaar  2015 June Issue. I just had to get it off the shelf to put in that treasure chest of memories.

Faye's wearing:
Headgear: Think Pink Bows
Dress: Baby Gap
Shoes: Freshly Picked

Read the rest of our Bazaar print features here:

Like Us on Facebook if you enjoyed the read!
A stay at home mum, blogging to widen her social life. 
We want to echo the sound of love through our lives to inspire other mothers alike.

Comments

Popular Posts