DISCOUNT CODE: Kenjo Korean Hair Salon

After becoming mom, I found no motivation nor time for hair grooming. It just seemed impossible to indulge myself in a seemingly ordinary responsibility to look at least, tidy. Pulling out my pictures before heading into Kenjo Korean Hair Salon, my hair was looking quite lifeless. It needed some kind of revival! Together with the son, we stepped into the salon on May Day hoping to come out looking like Korean pop stars! 

We received countless pleads from teachers and grandparents to have Ewan's mop of hair fixed. Although we liked him looking different from the rest of the boys in town, I do agree that it is getting rather flat with the weight. Here is us, pre-cut!


I wasn't sure how Ewan would take a haircut done by a professional. His hair's usually "styled" by my uncle or at some kiddy S$10-cut salon and they are really quick at getting it done. This is his first experience in a proper hair salon, not to mention fixed by the Director Stylist, Lois Park. Will my 3 year old squirm and fuss? Will he ask to stop when it's not even close to finish? Oh I brought snacks and fruits with iPad as the last resort.




I was surprised that he went through the cut process without a putting up a fight! It was as if he grew up overnight and understood what hair-cutting was all about - that you sit and wait until it's done. We did not discuss much with Lois about how Ewan's after-look should be and allowed her to take free reign over his hair. I was hoping he'd get a funkier look actually but the Stylist Director decided that Ewan should be given a chance to look spiffy as a boy for once. We sent this before-after picture out for votes and the short hair won over his messy tresses by a wee bit!


Daddy bravely took both kids with him while I spent the next 4 hours in the salon! I didn't expect it to take that long but what a relaxing 4 hours it was. I had so much fun photographing myself (oh it is sounding so narcissistic) and sharing the process on Instagram! Just look at the transformation in the strip below and YES! I am walking out looking like a Korean alright! A Korean Ajumma! [A Typical Korean Aunty] *hhahahhah* I think I got quite a number of you laughing and totally excited about how I might look at the end of the session!



It is amazing that so many steps are needed to create the look Master Hair Designer, Soobin, had in mind for me. We went into a cut process, followed by treatment, straigtening and a perm just to get that volume she wanted. I will never have flat hair anymore. It will always look luscious, as if I have air in my hair! Oh the treatment. I have never done any kinds of treatment to my hair ever! The hair treatment I received was too good to be true. Despite all that heavy chemical works on my hair (rebonding and perming), I was left with nothing by soft and healthy locks!

I walked out with curls. To maintain swirls and twists like these, I would have to make sure I blew and creamed it the right way every time. That is way too much work for me to handle especially for someone who do not even look at herself in the mirror if she wasn't going out. What I really like about this hairstyle is that I can walk out of the house without combing my hair and still look groomed. Sometimes, I'd wake up with the curls going everywhere and sometimes they will be as tame as a sheep. WooHoo to a-different-hairstyle-a-day!


One month after, I returned to Kenjo Korean Hair Salon for a  treatment and colouring session. If you knew me, I always had black locks. I've never been adventurous with colour and I was pretty skeptical about being able to do any kind of treatment, colouring or perming while I am still breastfeeding. I went to my doctor and reconfirmed that it was alright before diving into this invitation.

So this time, daddy baby-sat yet again. We put Ewan in the care of my dad and Pat so that Meyer can have some great bonding time with his daughter. Who knew it'd turn out disastrous! As per daddy, she was screaming her lungs out. When she finally fell asleep, she woke up 30 minutes later crying again. He didn't have a choice but to bring her back to me at the salon. My poor girl needed my cuddles so much and with that pitiful teary eyes, I just had to nurse her. Definitely appreciating Soobin for continuing with her job professionally while Faye stayed with me.


And to my hair colour. As usual, I trusted Soobin to give me the colour she thought would best suit me. If she said, "Let's go pink", that'll be a different story. *haha* Then again, to look classy and not taint her reputation as a Master Hair Designer, I know she wouldn't have me looking like My Little Pony with a strip of neon. She briefly told me that I'd be getting a base colour plus highlight and we right went ahead with it.

I was in for a surprise when I saw her creaming purple on my hair! As if I hadn't had enough of Barney the day before, I am turning Barney myself! Nevertheless, I was loving that crown I carried on my head. I felt like an Ice Queen ready to conjure some magic to build that castle of mine!



The final me is looking like this today. When Soobin asked if I'd like to go lighter with my colour before she commenced on her work, I shrugged. Unsure of what I think I could carry. However, a month later, I am pretty sure I can carry a lighter and funkier tone because I'm looking very safe now with just very thin highlights. This mommy is getting bolder! Confidence boosted after Kenjo Korean Hair Salon.



Read Also:
9 December 2015 - Makeover at Kenjo Hair Salon

Contact:
68 Orchard Road, #04-72, Plaza Singapura (New Wing), Singapore 238839
Phone: 6238 8083


Deal:

Quote "LIANG MAY" when making an appointment to receive 15% off your hair services. Ends 31 December 2015.

Boys' cut available at S$20
Girls' cut available at S$30

About the Hair Stylists:






Like Us on Facebook if you enjoyed the read!
A stay at home mum, blogging to widen her social life. 
We want to echo the sound of love through our lives to inspire other mothers alike. 

Comments

  1. You look so gorgeous with the soft curls! Frame your petite face very nicely :)

    Ai @ Sakura Haruka

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the look!! very pretty!! and feminine too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to add colours to my hair too! But am too lazy to keep maintaining and touching up when hair grow out. So my black mane been with me for a long long time. Nice curls and it fits you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know... I never do maintain them *haha* So now that they've decided to sponsor me for a year, they'll call me in to do the necessary

      Delete
  4. The colours are really quite subtle - looks so natural!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya she wanted a natural look but I was a bit disappointed because it looks almost like nothing

      Delete
  5. The curls and colour look very good on you! You do look like a hip and fashionable Ajumama! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahah Ajumama! I met my in laws on the same day, fresh from the curls and they walked right passed me! Couldn't recognise me, gosh

      Delete
  6. You had purple colouring on your hair?? How come I never noticed??

    But yes, Korean perm very in nowadays. Which is why I had it done too! But I'm quite proud of my virgin black hair and I'm probably one of the few people who have never ever coloured my hair. People always say perm must go with some colour or highlights, but I think my black permed hair not bad what... No? Hahaha... #selfpraiseisnopraise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know why the cream is purple and it turned out un-purple.

      Delete
  7. the curls definitely suit you! Doubt I'd ever be able to keep hair that long to perm (longest was when I got married! Need to look shu nv mah..hehe). How much is a regular haircut? Tempted to get another short-do style and some colouring. Hubby might faint at the cost hehe (my $50 haircuts are already causing him some heart attacks)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Planning to visit kenjo for a haircut. Is it always full? Do I need to make an appointment? or just randomly walk in?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts