City Square Mall: Barney's Jukebox Party "Live" On Stage

We haven't been to a live show at a mall before and this is our first! Ewan's been singing quite a bit of Barney & Friends songs which he learnt from school, I thought it would be a great opportuinty to put a face to a name for him. There is a song that bewildered me for the longest time. It had been 6 months since he sang this Raindrop song and I didn't know it was a song from Barney until I heard it today at the show in City Square Mall! 

Ewan's Version:
All the raindrops 
Can you offer one drop
Oh Cassa Cast Cassa Bee Bee Bee

That was his version and I picked it up from him, singing along on car rides and in the shower! I never knew it was to be:

If all the raindrops were lemon drops and gumdrops?
Oh what a rain that would be
Standing outside with my mouth open wide
Ahh-ahh-ahh-ahh-ahh-ahh-ahh-ahh-ahh-ahh
If all the raindrops were lemon drops and gumdrops?
Oh what a rain that would be

This song is too cute! I am so glad I now know it was a Barney and Friends song because I managed to google the lyrics out for practice! I'm going to instil the right lyrics into him from now *haha* This video is too precious.


We never watched Barney at home so I am an unexposed mommy. He told me he wants to meet Baby Bop! I went, "Yay!!! So which is Baby Bob? The Yellow or Green one?" Yes, I just realised today that Baby Bob is spelt with a "p" at then end. His teachers had been teaching them songs and reading stories from Barney & Friends". I had so much fun this afternoon I wanted to dance with the dinosaurs! The excitement was evident in both children and adults at the show. Ewan was stupefied when Barney bounced onto the stage. He couldn't hear anything I said and was totally engrossed for a full 15 minutes. There was a question and answer session at the start. Just like what his teachers had shared over PTM, he is always eager to raise his hands to answer (but it doesn't mattered if he answered correctly). But hey! Today he returned the best answer the host could ever ask for!

Pointing to the boy in the hat, "What is your favourite song?"

"BARNEY SONGS!", 
Ewan shared shyly.

The show was at 1pm but we arrived at 12pm, hoping to catch some lunch or visit the "Good Ole Fun In The Park" retro carnival. However, Ewan was so excited about meeting Barney that he insisted sitting in front of the stage for an hour. I tried to convince him that one hour is a very long time and we should probably come back later. Alas, to no avail. Ewan and Faye surprised me by being very obedient children. I was initially quite skeptical about how I should handle two little ones on my own in that crowd since daddy had a last minute work commitment to attend to. Also, I have never thought of catching live shows before because I do not like the idea of queuing or getting squeezed in a crowd. Then again, looks like we rocked it!

While we waited, he did some Barney colouring, flipped through the brochure, ate some snacks and drank Yakult. We took some selfies and then we got quite bored. What really helped was the Barney songs that they started to play some 30 minutes before the show which got the children into the groove.



The mascots and host were super energetic. They brought the crowd alive. The shows are free and if you didn't get a seat right in front of the stage, there's always the second floor to watch these dancing dinos from. The view is still good so no worries about rushing in early to chope seats. However, if you want to have a photo opportunity with Barney, Baby Bop and BJ, you've got to spend S$60 at the mall to redeem a pass from L2 Customer Service counter. Not too difficult if you head into Toys R Us or supermarket!



Right after we were done with Barney, we headed out to the City Green park where it is transformed into a venue for fun and laughter with old school carnival games and rides such as Pirate Ship, Carousel, Bumper Car, Tea Cup and even a Train Ride!

It is not a big carnival so do not expect the park to be packed with all kinds of fun fare. However, it has a variety wide enough to hit the roof on the happiness index for our children. While Barney's Jukebox party ends on 21st of June 2015, the carnival will run through till 28th of June 2015. 





Detailed information of the happenings in City Square Mall can be found at their website. Have a great June holiday with the children and do put this in your list of to-go if you have a little Barney fan at home! Click poster below to enlarge on details.




Like Us on Facebook if you enjoyed the read!
A stay at home mum, blogging to widen her social life. We want to echo the sound of love through our lives to inspire other mothers alike.

Comments

  1. Hi there I took a video of the show you may want to put it at the bottom of your post.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wO7vBP0EYRg

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts