Faye Turns Nine: Dogs

She decided on the theme right after her birthday last year at the stables. Surprisingly, she had been consistent and hadn't wavered! Is she decisive? I think she's kinda considering she is a girl and girls then to be fickle-minded. She'd take a long time to think but when she decides on it, it's mostly there to stay. 

Faye is Primary Three this year. While the mid-year examinations have been scrapped, there are still Weighted Assessments. She was dismayed when she learnt that there will be a Math paper on her birthday. Only saving grace was, that shall be her last paper. It will truly be a celebration after school for sure! 

"If you hadn't pushed yourself out of me on 17th May, you may not have to deal with exams in May you know? You may have been a School Holiday baby like Ewan." I reminded her of what happened some nine years ago and how her decisive nature costed her. 

She scowled. 

*haha* Sometimes it's really cute to see her get a little mad. 


BIRTHDAY THEME
What meant to be a birthday celebration with her school mates at a dog cafe became an intimate celebration at home today with her cousins and gramps after school. All because she has my heart. Well at least I hope to believe so! *haha* 

Faye heard me ranting to her daddy about how expensive renting a portion out of a few dog cafes was as I planned her Dog-themed birthday party. Amongst other roadblocks I hit, she must have been silently thinking through her options. 

Because she then told me one night in bed that she’d be fine if we just stayed home. She remembered how I didn’t have time to take my lunch last year at her eighth birthday because I was running around like an event coordinator all day. 

“It’s okay mom. I’d be happy too with swimming and movie at home with my cousins. We don’t have to go out. I remember last year I didn’t get to eat my birthday cake as well and everything was quite rushed. I would like to take my time to enjoy my birthday this year.” sounding like a 19 year old, I gave her a tight squeeze. 

With her father out of town, I would really prefer to take it slow and celebrate her at home too. But of course, I told her not to worry about me and I’ll plan whatever party she has in mind since it was her day. 


“I just want a very pretty cake.” She requested. A pretty cake it shall be! “And ice-cream for lunch! Just Ice-Cream!” 
-Faye-

BIRTHDAY CAKE 
First person I thought of was Susanne from Deco Chiffon Cakes because Faye said she'd like a cake that looks like a dog! It wasn't easy to find someone who can create that and I know Susanne will pull this off like a pro! Well, she IS a pro!

We squealed when we saw it because it turned out to be so adorable! Gypsie thought it was her birthday cake! 



BIRTHDAY GIFT
A story a year.

Each year, the story will be illustrated and written to the birthday theme. 

Every year, I have little confidence about how my drawings will turn out.

Thank goodness it turned out fine. 

When Faye looks back at all these 20 years later, maybe as a mom herself, I wonder what her thoughts will be. I hope I’ll still be around to watch her become mom.

The dogs speak: “We always wear a smile on our faces because our purpose is to comfort you. Our greatest fear is that you will not come back when you go out that door! Just to let you in a little secret: we do speak but only to those who know how to listen. And you can always tell that a girl is good if she has a dog who loves her. They leave paw prints on our hearts.”

At bedtime, I asked the children if they liked this year's story.

The only reply I got was, "I don't understand the story. What are you trying to tell us?"

*hahahha* What! It was then I realised they did not know that the dogs were talking to them!

"We always wear a smile on our faces because our purpose is to comfort you." said the dog. 

Suddenly, right after I explained, they Ahhhhhhhhh-ed in unison. "Now we get it!"

17th May came and she spent the afternoon with her closest and dearests. We closed the night with a lot of smiles and a little girl who said, “I had a very happy birthday.”



Read Faye's other Birthday Celebrations:



Like Us on Facebook if you enjoyed the read!
A stay at home mum, blogging to widen her social life. 
We want to echo the sound of love through our lives to inspire other mothers alike.

Comments

  1. For haldi ceremonies, they craft stunning setups with vibrant marigold flowers, traditional motifs, and elegant drapes, creating a festive ambiance that perfectly complements the occasion.
    https://www.7eventzz.com/kolkata/service/category/wedding-decoration/haldi-mehendi-decorations

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts