Ewan Turns Eleven: SONIC BOWL

It was just last year when he was still eager to put himself into a Ninja costume because he asked of that for his birthday theme. Turning 11 today, he asked for nothing we cannot give. Just donuts for breakfast, badminton, screen time and bowling. 

"What theme?" I checked in with my boy, "And what cake would you like? Oreo Cheesecake? Your favourite?"

But he told me that he needed no theme nor cake. Not especially when I have to go out of my way to put together a pretty space, "I'll feel bad. I don't need all these."

I, as a mom, was lost for words. I felt empty and lost myself! Every year, the night before their birthdays, I would be busy and stress myself with decorations and party planning after tucking them into bed. The moment they wake, the house will be transformed into a birthday house with home-made obstacle courses or buntings. Yet last night, I was free as a bird. It definitely was a struggle to not have to do anything at all. 

He was relieving me from the stress. So what am I doing writing and checking out rates from 10 different companies looking for the cheapest option to Marquee light letterings? That 60cm tall letterings illuminated in white or warm lights will be the last thing he'd want for his birthday. It's probably totally insignificant but for me, it would mean a whole lot. It's like "Hey! I did something to commemorate the day." Yet, the price to pay just to rent them for my pleasure seemed unjustifiable. Frivolous, in fact. 

Even until the last moment, the day of his birthday, I was still contemplating if I should do it. It's for me too right? I birthed him; it's my day as well? Oh gosh. It's indeed frivolous! But I loved it. The detour to get to the other side of the island to save delivery charges was worth it. Oh mothers...

The day started with gaming, donut for breakfast and morning badminton camp at his badminton academy! In his words, "This feels weird! Everything is a YES from the moment I wake! It's it's it's like it's my birthday!" 

IT IS YOUR BIRTHDAY!

The evening celebration with family takes the cake. We partied in the spanking new VIP room of Sonic Bowl at SAFRA Choa Chu Kang where the kids and adults bowled and sang to their hearts' content! The unlimited bowling games and good company sent the birthday boy [and us] home only at midnight!

They are officially opening on June 1st but we managed to snag a special night on Ewan's birthday to celebrate him with our family on the 30th of May. 

BOWLING LANES: Such a luxury of private space in here with 2 private bowling lanes which light up interactively as the kids bowled! Ewan squealed when he saw his name flashed on the lane at every start of his game! *jaw drops* Players can choose a specific theme but they can also let it run on random. We bowled with Santa Claus mapped across the lanes, Graffiti, Bowling Pins, Racing, Comic Strip, Piñata Ponies and more! Their interactive bowling did not stop at just lights and sparkles. There were sound effects too!

The children had a swell of a time from what I gathered. It was so hard to tear my son away from the lanes. It's like Gaming in a Sport!

Bowling shoes are included and your party gets to bowl till they drop for the number of hours booked in the VIP Room. 

KARAOKE: While the kids bowled, I envisioned the adults to sing but the children actually took over the mics as well as they alternate between bowling and singing in our very own private KTV space! The L-shaped sofa settee was so large, I think it can fit us all! 

How's the sound system you might ask considering how big the space was? I give it two thumbs-up! I really do miss the old-fashioned way of choosing songs through a file and remote control though *haha* If you lived through my era, you'd have known. Here at Sonic Bowl SAFRA Choa Chu Kang, they provide you with a touchscreen system on the wall. The modern and young will be able to resonate with it! 

DINING: Absolutely loving the size of the dining table in the VIP room as it catered to our party of 16 with ease! When you mention bowling food to anyone anywhere, it sounds unappetising. We all know bowling food. But here at Sonic Bowl though, we had a spread of mouth-watering food plated to perfection from Paradise Now! The team really thought through this properly to cater to families looking for not just a fun time but one that entails quality too.

There at Sonic Bowl SAFRA Choa Chu Kang
, think Good Food, Good Company, Live Band, Snooker, Darts, KTV and Interactive Bowling. An all-in-one entertainment experience to bring families and friends together with something for everyone. 

What are we looking at for VIP Room rental? 

After 6pm and weekend, rental is $1000 for 2hrs. 
Before 6pm on weekday, rental is $700 for 2hrs. 

Alternatively:
Enjoy 2 hours of usage with min. spend of $1.2k F&B 
Enjoy 4 hours of usage with min. spend of $2.1k F&B 
Enjoy 6 hours of usage with min. spend of $3k F&B 

But if you have a smaller party, I’d recommend you take the public bowling lanes [16 lanes], dine in their restaurant within the premise, and/or book 1 of 3 of their smaller KTV rooms at $30 to $40 per hour! 

SAFRA members enjoy a discount too! 

Did I mention they can house up to 30 guests? Or more if you want to maximise the space to the fullest. 


FACEBOOK GIVEAWAY 
3 winners will walk away with a 2-hr VIP Room experience at Sonic Bowl SAFRA Choa Chu Kang worth $1000 for your party to sing and bowl to your hearts' content! [F&B not included]

Steps to win the giveaway: 
1) like A Million Little Echoes Facebook page

2) like Sonic Bowl Facebook page

3) like Paradise Now Facebook page

4) share this post and set it to public "Win a VIP Room Experience at Sonic Bowl!"

Giveaway ends on 7 June 2023, 2359 hours and result will be announced the next day at A Million Little Echoes Facebook page. 

Bonus and Optional: Head over to our Instagram page to up your chances of winning! 

Like Us on Facebook if you enjoyed the read!
A stay at home mum, blogging to widen her social life. 
We want to echo the sound of love through our lives to inspire other mothers alike.

Comments

  1. This accessibility adds to the exclusivity and allure of Bhurban as an investment destination.
    Bhurban Villas

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts