DISCOUNT CODE: Making #ABetterMay with Embroidered Brows

I had been drawing my brows ever since I had it shaped as a teen. It was such a chore every time the brow pencil ran out. Where is the sharpener when you need it the most? Then I decided to change to retractable brow liners. That should be easier isn't it? However, they get used up so quickly, I found myself buying new brow liners faster than usual. Back to pencils again.

What broke the camel's back was when my eye shadow brush outlived its days. I had been using my two year old eye shadow to colour in the non-existant brow tail a woman should have. While I reminded myself to purchase that brow pencil whenever I walked past a Guardian or Watsons, I never got round to buying one. So I resorted to eye shadow the last few weeks before heading in to get my brows embroidered.

I heard about eyebrow embroidery but do not quite know what it is about. Is it a tattoo? I know for sure it isn't threading [rolling twisted thread over the hair to remove it] which I have tried before. I decided to look up Amaryllis to find out more about it.

Amaryllis is a make-up artist whom I engaged two Christmases ago for a photo shoot with The Studio Loft. I had been following her on Instagram [@marylmakes] and found out that she is also certified in semi-permanent make-up too. She recently joined an eyebrow embroidery competition, Asia Aesthetic 2017 and won a silver award for 3D eyebrow embroidery.

The difference between tattoo and embroidery is that eyebrow tattooing produces an unnatural crayoned effect like a regular tattoo you put on your body. The problem with it is that it is permanent. No matter how bad it looked, you are going to be stuck with it for life. It may also fade into shades of green and blue over time which I witnessed from my mother's eyebrow tattooing experience. I definitely do not have the courage to live with something awful like that!

Eyebrow Embroidery is a semi permanent solution where pigment is pushed into the skin surface using a fine blade, mimicking the growth of your existing hair strands. It is definitely more natural and the depth in which the embroidery blade cuts the skin surface is less than that in the eyebrow tattooing. It can last about two years and once it fades, you can alter it once again.

I think the semi-permanent solution suits me much better.

This is me today after two weeks and I will be heading in for my touch-up on the 16th of January 2018!


I cannot believe it looked so natural and I love it! That's it with drawing brows from here on.

My appointment with Amaryllis was on 21st December 2017 and I documented the seven days of eyebrow transformation [missing Day 5, probably because it was Christmas Day and I forgot to document it]. For the first three days, the brows got darker and later lighter towards the end. It also became thinner and shorter like how I'd prefer it to be.





AFTER CARE
It is important to take care of your eyebrows after it's being pigmented.

1. Use cold pack on area of procedure
2. Do not drink alcohol on day of procedure
3. Do not allow water to touch your eyebrows [I used wet wipes to "wash" my face for seven days]
4. Apply the protective gel over the eyebrows on a daily basis
5. Avoid exercise, swimming or go to a sauna for a week
6. Avoid picking on scab or removing it forcefully


EYEBROW EMBRIODERY PROCESS
I was a tad nervous. Was it going to be painful? It's after all blades cutting through my skin! Thankful to share, I didn't wince a bit. The numbing cream worked. I felt nothing really except for some little parts which was like finger scratchings. Even after the numbing cream wore off, there was no pain whatsoever [unlike the pain you will suffer after the anaesthesia wears off for removal of wisdom tooth].

First, Amaryllis analysed my brows and talked to me about its nature. Then she applied the numbing cream and let it sit for 20 minutes. She drew a sketch of the brows she intended to draw for me and I went, "Woah! That thick? I will not look like 蜡笔小新 [Crayon Shin-chan] right?"

I decided to trust Amaryllis. After all, I trusted her in the first place to have her do this for me isn't it? Microblading one strand at a time, she personally mixed my pigment colour for me. It is imported from USA and absolutely organic. I knew I was in good hands.

The procedure took 90 minutes and I came out of it feeling absolutely confident!




DISCOUNT CODE
Enjoy S$100 off eyebrow embroidery with Amaryllis at 
S$499 with one free touch-up! 
(usual price at S$599)

Call for Appointment at +65 9199 5672 and quote
Liang May
(ends 31st of March 2018)

Like Us on Facebook if you enjoyed the read!
A stay at home mum, blogging to widen her social life. 
We want to echo the sound of love through our lives to inspire other mothers alike.

Comments

  1. Really I am very encouraging for your post because your post is very useful for us and in your post has very guidance for me.
    Microblading Sydney

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good publish. Clean creating. Felt the vibe.    saunajournal.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts