Fashion Show: Faye and Mommy in Pleatation

Today, Faye and I took our first walk as Mother and Child in a fashion show hosted by Mulberry  Learning [Marymount]. This isn't her first show though. She took her very first runway show in January this year for Sea Apple at Motherswork, showcasing their 2017 Chinese New Year Collection. 

Her second, was last week for Pocketpig Diary, featuring their 2018 Chinese New Year Collection. Oh that one was a damper. She was all ready and prepared for it but got angry [and stood rooted to the ground half way through the show] because her brother played her out and went on to walk on his own. 

This morning, she walked her third runway show of the year with me. My first with her! I had always been the cheerleader/photographer/videographer at the end of the line so today's opportunity to walk with her was a memorable one. 

I was a child model. My mother was an Instagram Mom in her time. *haha* You know how Instagram Moms get their children to fashion clothes, photograph them, post them up, send them for auditions and be their manager? That is my mother in the non-tech world. Except that she would print the pictures and put them up on large boards for showcase at her shop front. 

You see. My mother was a fashion designer so naturally, I was her model. She even sent me for modelling class to do the catwalks! Oh but I remember I didn't like all these things about being in the spotlight. I was very shy and whenever I went into the studios for auditions, she will have to leave the room. Anyhoos, I turned out not tall enough for the runway *haha*

My children are fortunate that fashion labels trust them to model their clothes on prints and fashion shows. I cannot thank everyone enough for giving the kids little pressure on making every show perfect. It is all about the perfect imperfections and keeping it real. We are not professional models and thankful to just turn up and have some good fun. Oh and what great opportunity to boost their confidence and give them a space to shine!

Oh my gosh! We twinned! I’m not a fan of matchy-matchups; just my personal preference. Whenever I am offered to considered a mother and child twinning set, I would politely turn down. Yet today, when I saw us in the photos and videos, I am thinking twice about it! We did look cute in the same dress. 


We were dressed by Pleatation and wore the midi dresses from their collection. Together with four other mommy and daughter duos, we showcased the midis to the maxis!

Behind the seams, Pleatation [Singapore-based] is conceived by Chiang Xiaojun. Pleatation is a pleat-focused concept store and they became a brand that focuses in all sorts of pleated products, not just in fashion, but also in stationery, home and lifestyle.

Earlier in July, we were approached to collaborate with Pleatation. I rejected that offer after browsing through their catalogue. First and foremost, I wasn't open to twinning. Secondly, I am a noob at ties and styling! With her dresses, there are many possibilities to wear a dress if you know how to play with the tie-backs. Oh I am a lazy mommy. I prefer a straight-forward zip up. What a silly mommy for giving that collaboration a miss.

After donning on this pair of midis, I am totally sold! Pleatation is beautiful! It is soft, light and extremely comfortable. Did I mention very flattering too if you look at us from the back? I love it!  Imagine the dress flapping in the wind along the sandy beach for our next trip! Daddy says we are going to Mauritius!


We graced the show with the first walk and Faye eagerly pulled me out onto the runway at the start, raring to go! Then she suddenly turned shy and walked with a finger on the side of her lips after realising how everyone were just looking straight at her.

She had plans to do a twirl which she named it the Cinderella dance. She came up with it and taught me how to do this Cinderalla dance of hers. But of course, we didn't. Little Faye started to run backstage to where her marshmallow awaits.


Invited by Audrey Tan to strut the runway, founder of Churro101, Mulberry Learning [Marymount] and Studio Petite Sg


RUNWAY SHOWS
2017
Faye and Ewan in PocketPig Diary
A stay at home mum, blogging to widen her social life. 
 We want to echo the sound of love through our lives to inspire other mothers alike.

Comments

Popular Posts