My Three Year Old Daughter 离家出走 Ran Away From Home

If Faye could do this at three years of age, I'm not looking forward to manage whatever she might do at 19. Oh sweetheart. Please tell me you will be happy, loving and manageable as a teen. I look forward to spending great times with you as a young adult. Holding hands, sharing secrets and giggling at handsome young lads who try too hard to impress you. Definitely not quarrelling every day and giving each other a hard time over curfews or make-ups. 

I am going to believe that being a Stay At Home Mother for you will do you good. That I should not worry about losing my baby girl's never dying love for me because I've given you [and your brother] all of what I can possibly give from the day I knew you existed. You should know by now how much I love you and hopefully reciprocate. You probably didn't know that you've once needed and loved me so much that if only I turned my back at you for a mere second, you would cry.

--------------

Two Wednesdays ago, Faye woke up on the wrong side of bed. Cranky, she refused to change out of her pyjamas. I allowed her to laze until it was time to leave for school. Looking at the clock, I knew we didn't have enough time to go through the teeth-brushing debate and was ready to just get her into her uniform and out of the house in five minutes. 

I finally got her out of her PJs while she cried and kicked up a huge ruckus after 30 minutes. However, I couldn't get her to wear her school uniform no matter how I cajoled [软] or forced [硬]. It isn't that she hated school. She loves it so much that when I dropped Ewan off one fine morning and drove her away from school for our special mom-and-daughter date, she cried and insisted I turned back for her to attend class! I ended up dating myself that morning.

Daddy came to save me from this little screaming-her-head-off sassy lady by taking over with bribes and threats. While he thought he could salvage the situation, he couldn't. Even Ewan came to see what he could do to help but to no avail as well. We asked her what it was she wanted a million times for 90 minutes since she woke and the only answers we got were tantrums and cries.

Till today, I have no idea what she was crying about. I probably used the wrong tone to greet her Good Morning or maybe it's about rushing her out of bed when she wasn't ready. ARGH!

While the kids normally get dropped off by 0815 hours, daddy stayed home till 0830 hours [waiting for 妹妹 to get ready] before he announced he really had to go. We agreed that I should send the children to school so that he could head straight into work.

As Ewan said his goodbyes to Meyer reluctantly at the door, I was still trying to figure out what caused Faye to lose it so badly in the bedroom.

As if one crying child was not enough to make my day, my son came running to the bedroom sobbing. He held back his tears really hard but couldn't contain it any longer when he spoke, "Daddy is leaving! Daddy left already!"

Oh goodness gracious me. I ran to the door, hoping to catch my husband so that he could at least help me ease one distraught kid. Ah my ever capable and loving better half stood at the door, waiting and beckoned for Ewan, "Come. Daddy send you to school."

We asked Faye one last time if she was agreeable to change into her uniform because daddy and 哥哥 were really leaving this time. All we got in return were wails, tantrums and screams.

Five minutes past and she decided to chase after her brother! Oh but that's too late because five minutes meant they would have driven past the nearest petrol kiosk.

My main door wasn't locked and she frantically opened it with all her might [it is a very heavy door], rummaged through the shoe rack and put on a pair of sport shoes that Ewan had retired a few months ago. She looked kind of hilarious being naked with a pair of boy's shoes. I photograph her and sent it to Meyer.

His response made me laugh, "Oh not bad! At least she WORE shoes."


Faye pressed the button to call for the lift and I just stood there watching. Really? Will my daughter take the lift on her own without me? I wasn't sure but I would like to find out.

She never stopped crying all these while and then she entered the lift when the door opened. I sternly told her that she was not allowed to go down on her own. She stared back at me with her teary puppy eyes and pushed the Door Close button. As the door closed between us, my jaw dropped.

She was so desperate to look for her brother that it gave her unfounded strength to leave! She didn't look back.

I could hear her cries echoing back from inside the lift to our basement lobby [our lobby is locked and the door cannot be opened unless she pressed the unlock button].

To be honest, I was in shock.

Heading down after her, I saw her naked back view banging against the glass door crying 哥哥 哥哥 哥哥! When she realised they had really left, she ran around the enclosed lobby crying dejectedly and hoping she had left with them for school.

Watching her, I did not know what to do. I was fuming mad and would have loved to scream my head off at her. "HOW DARE YOU DEFY ME AND TOOK THE LIFT ON YOUR OWN! HOW DANGEROUS! HOW DARE YOU!"

I remembered asking myself, "What should I do?" It's been 90 minutes since she started crying and I had been nothing but patient. I had also exhausted all possible ideas to calm her down.

I decided to go keep my cool since stamping my feet and getting stressed out weren't going to help either of us. I composed myself and asked if she would like to chase after 哥哥. She nodded and I told her we could do that right after she wore some clothes.

She suddenly stopped crying and nodded. Just like that. I mean, how weird. But stop is good!

I managed to brush her teeth, change her into her uniform and serve her breakfast! She even apologised to me and promised never to leave home without me ever again.

Pretty bizarre if you ask me?

When we arrived at school, she went straight to Ewan's class and gave him the tightest hug ever.

The days following up to our move to #mmlittle家 had been tough. I belittled how stressful moving homes could be even for our little ones. They had been asking with much enthusiasm about when they could live in their new place and it had never occured to us that they would be affected. Faye had been crying for no good reason every single day that week of move from Monday to Sunday and I was going crazy.

*sigh* I should have prepared them better for the move. We've been staying at our new place for 10 days now and thankfully, Faye's all good and happy!

Like Us on Facebook if you enjoyed the read!

A stay at home mum, blogging to widen her social life. 
We want to echo the sound of love through our lives to inspire other mothers alike.

Comments

Popular Posts