Small Spaces: Printeriors with LayerPlay for the Home

We have been printing interior wall coverings with LayerPlay for the longest time. Once you've worked with someone you trust, it will probably be hard to switch partners. I decided to embark on a small facelift at home. 

What we did: 

1. New Wallpaper for Dining Room

2. Wardrobe Sticker for Master Bedroom

3. Printed Portrait of Gypsie

Loving our new look and hope it inspires you to make some changes to your space too! 

DINING ROOM 

What started only as a tiny fix to one of the corners in our dining room with Nippon Paint blew up into a bigger project which had us tear down our Island Fronds to make space for a new illustration that can look into a farther horizon. 

All we need was a change in scenery at home which we had been spending most of our time in since COVID-19 happened. 

Oh it does emit a different kind of vibe don't you agree? 






What's most impressive? One man to single-handedly do up one entire wall had this all done within one morning! 

Putting up a wallpaper isn't just simply deciding on the picture and getting it printed. There are things we need to consider like paper texture, positioning of wallpaper and preliminary view.

Meyer and I shortlisted four different designs which LayerPlay helped to bring to life on our wall. Although these illustrations look really good on its own, they don't seem like a good fit for #mmlittle家 after all. 

We ditched them all and while I was there are LayerPlay's office to personally see to every editing detail, I requested for one more preview of Argentinian muralist, Flor Chedufau's Lake of the Flamencos. It was love at first sight and I made an immediate decision to flow with Flamingoes. 


WARDROBE IN MASTER BEDROOM 

After I painted Faye's wardrobe in her room, I had wanted to do something similar with our own wardrobe in our bedroom. But I do not know what to paint on it and decided to find something suitable from LayerPlay instead. I zeroed into Room 13, a design studio in Cape Town to look for the perfect picture to adorn our awfully looking wardrobe door which was way overdue for a facelift. 

I found it! Beautifully matched up with our "Botanical Dark" behind our bed which was also designed by Room 13. I spent quite some time in LayerPlay's office to work on the right size and positioning. Of course you can work off-site with them too through WhatsApp or email. I'm just very interested to be part of it and requested I make a personal trip down to which they agreed.

Here's sharing our Before and Afters!






PRINTED PORTRAIT OF GYSPIE 

Sheila Chen, a pet artist from Hawaii, drew a portrait of Gyps in watercolour. It is a small 5x7 piece. I wondered if this small portrait can be blown up into a 30 x 40 cm canvas print and asked LayerPlay to see to it for me.

I asked and they delivered!

The background was a tad too plain though so Faye and I embarked on an exciting painting attempted to give this Gypsie canvas a pop-up colour to match the rest of the family portraits on our wall!





Like Us on Facebook if you enjoyed the read!

A stay at home mum, blogging to widen her social life. 
We want to echo the sound of love through our lives to inspire other mothers alike.

Comments

Popular Posts