Small Spaces: Upcyling with Frenchic Chalk Paint


I had been procrastinating for far too long. Finally put my act together and it felt good! Painting is therapeutic for me and I enjoy it a lot although I cannot really paint.

First up! Let us up-cycle wine crates to put them in Faye's playroom. They can be [multi-] purposed into a picnic table, study table, Lego building table and toy storage box. Nothing some rustic chic-shabby Frenchic chalk paints can't do.


Obviously, I roped in my art-loving daughter to the job. I told Faye to leave a tinge of the original wood while painting and not cover every spot with our tub of Lazy Range Nougat. She wasn't convinced but I assured her that it will look a lot nicer than if we gave it three full coats of smooth paint. 

We decided on Cream Dream for the wine crate cover just to give it contrast! Rather than having it all in one colour. My mom always talked about two-tones and this I remember from way back then.


This is our first time playing with chalk paint and I was really surprised by how fast it dried! Five minutes thereabouts? We didn’t have to wait all day to start styling her playroom. 

Chalk Paint is a furniture paint designed to adhere to surfaces without sanding first. The paint dries to a matte finish and because I went with the LAZY RANGE, I wasn’t required to add on a finishing coat to protect against staining/damage. When dry, the paint can be distressed, which is definitely an asset! 

Take 10% off your paints and brushes at Frenchic Paint Asia with discount code “mmlittlee” and do share with me your up-cycling projects! 

These two wine crates require only so little of the 150ml tub of each colour. I can probably paint 20 wine crates with that little size!


I keep moving things around Faye's playroom to give it a new look. It's as if her room is getting aged and musky. However, that is not the case. I just have this styling urge in me to do something on days I don't feel like cleaning or packing the home. Her room is the only versatile space I can play around with and thus, she gets the most revamp. 

It's Wardrobe Painting Time! I couldn't stand the grey of our wardrobe and finally, here's the time to get it changed without spending a bomb.

This is a  bigger project. I was hoping daddy could help me bring down the wardrobe doors to have them painted in the patio. He suggested I did it straight onto the doors though because they are really heavy. I think our wardrobe sliding doors are a mixture of wood, laminate and metal. He didn't have the confidence of installing it back properly into its sliding track too.


Okay! Let me have a go at this! For two hours from 8.52am on a beautiful Tuesday morning, I painted. I questioned my abilities, I worried a little, dripped paint onto the floor and killed a cockroach! I experimented with my strokes and when it didn’t look good, I mixed Nougat and Cream Dream in short and long slashes hoping to make it better.


I actually started with no end vision in mind. It was totally out of feelings. I borrowed Dusky Blush from a fellow Frenchic mom and spotted some of them not the doors like flowers! It definitely brightened up the artwork. 

Happy to say goodbye to my ugly greyish industrial wardrobe door! Oh these pictures don’t do justice to it. They look much better when seen in person. I'm utterly pleased that the wardrobe doors now complement the little girl's wallpaper! It was unplanned. I'm lucky that happened. 


Faye came home from school and complimented my work, “Oooooooo Nice! I know why you painted the other door only half. You don’t have enough paint right?” 

*haha* No baby! I still have leftover paints for both colours even after two coats of creams on the door! I just think painting it like that gives it more personality and we won’t be crowding the room too much with two fully-painted doors!

Let's take a look again at the original door. Ewwwww!




A stay at home mum, blogging to widen her social life. 
We want to echo the sound of love through our lives to inspire other mothers alike.

Comments

  1. This is very attractive blog and nice to read and the pictures which included in this blog is very attractive and unique.
    Please share such type of information.
    student accommodation galway

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to thank Dr Emu for saving my marriage. My wife really treated me badly and left home for almost 3 month this got me sick and confused. Then I told my friend about how my wife has changed towards me then she told me to contact Dr Emu that he will help me bring back my wife and change her back to a good woman. I never believed in all this but I gave it a try. Dr Emu casted a spell of return of love on her, and my wife came back home for forgiveness and today we are happy again. If you are going through any relationship stress or you want back your Ex or Divorce husband you can contact his whatsapp +2347012841542 or email emutemple@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts