When Mommy Grows Up, I Want To Be...

Hey kids, I had an interesting bedtime conversation with Daddy last night. 

Dad: What do you want to be when you grow up? 

Ya... that’s my husband asking me in case you are confused. He’s asking me what do I endeavour to achieve when I turn 55. 

Mom: I want to be a successful mom and wife when I grow up. One whose husband wouldn’t divorce her and one whose children grow up without going astray & to stay filial as grown-ups. 

Dad: That’s all you need from your kids? No Doctors or Lawyers or earn lots of money? 

Mom: No no no. I just don’t want the parenting headache I have to endure if they walked the wrong path and very importantly, they must stay filial. That’s all I need from them to be deemed as a successful mom. 

Gosh. It was clear as day. More than anything in the world, it was crystal clear to me that success doesn’t equate to socioeconomic status, smarts or the dollars in their bank account or the results in their report books. I’d want them to visit me at my hospital bedside [voluntarily] should I fall terribly ill, hold my hand and chat the days away. 

And of course, to keep my husband in love with me till the end of days. 

It may sound shallow but This. Would have deemed me successful. This. Would be my purpose in this Life.


When I was little, I wanted to be many things.

A successful business woman [because I saw my daddy very worked hard to be one]

A back-up dancer [because when I watched variety shows, I was always attracted to the dancers instead of the singer]

A teacher [because I was inspired by my English teacher in Secondary School]

Miss Singapore Universe [because my parents say I can be anyone I wanted to be]

It wasn't until I was 18 years old that I said it at a Show-And-Tell, that I want to be a mommy and that was my ambition ever since. I knew with certainty that in the course of my working life, if I ever got pregnant, I would quit my job immediately and start my new job as your mom.

It was a Show-And-Tell in school when daddy was my classmate *haha* I think all the boys in school gave daddy a pat on his back telling him he got a good catch! A girlfriend whose ambition is to build a successful home? HOW WEIRD!


What do you want to be when you two grow up?

At 4, 5 and 6 years old, you had the same ambition Faye. You haven't wavered. You said you want to be a veterinarian.

At 8 years of age Ewan, you told me you wished you will be able to invent a self-growing tree. For every tree being cut down by scary selfish humans, you will plant a tree that will grow up in a minute to give the wild animals back their home and the Earth its lungs.

Continue to be inspired children!


I cannot wait to witness what you both will become. But first, I'm trying my utmost best to bring you up to be good humans.

Like Us on Facebook if you enjoyed the read!
A stay at home mum, blogging to widen her social life. 
We want to echo the sound of love through our lives to inspire other mothers alike.

Comments

  1. WOW ! Really a wonderful post. Thanks for posting such an informative & useful post with us.
    keep posting & inspire us like this post.
    student accommodation galway

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to thank Dr Emu for saving my marriage. My wife really treated me badly and left home for almost 3 month this got me sick and confused. Then I told my friend about how my wife has changed towards me then she told me to contact Dr Emu that he will help me bring back my wife and change her back to a good woman. I never believed in all this but I gave it a try. Dr Emu casted a spell of return of love on her, and my wife came back home for forgiveness and today we are happy again. If you are going through any relationship stress or you want back your Ex or Divorce husband you can contact his whatsapp +2347012841542 or email emutemple@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts