A Wedding Anniversary Date Over The Coronavirus Season


Happy Thirteenth! We are into the 25th day of Singapore's Circuit Breaker measures over COVID-19.

An Anniversary brunch date with the husband over Circuit Breaker is definitely doable. How you may ask? Simply reward the kids with a movie of their choice and Wala! We stole a 90-minute date in the dining room enjoying our pre-ordered home-delivered Two Bakers artisanal brunch inclusive of desserts! Just the two of us. But our conversations were of the kids and then we steered ourselves back to us. Then again, the husband said, "Talk about what? We've been seeing each other for the past month. Every day for Twenty-Four Hours! You miss me ah?"

*hahahaha* I let out a good laugh. True that!

Anyhoos, we enjoyed our quiet brunch over coffee and Corona Extra. How else to better capture the season! Have to have the right beer in hand no?


I told daddy we got to make this seem REAL! We shall dress up and "go out" for this date. We left the kids "at home" and we "went out" for our May Day brunch.

Faye asked, "Where are you guys going! Wear so nice!"

Ewan responded, "They are going to the dining room lah."

It sounded hilarious! But hey, whatever that sparks joy and novelty to make this anniversary a special one!

The children were really sweet today. They know it is our Wedding Anniversary and Faye told everyone she spoke to on the phone, "It is my parent's anniversary you know? I don't know 31 years or 13 years. Hmmmm..." She told her school teacher who called to check in on her, she told her cousins who video-called her this morning and also to my Dad and Pat who called too.

This morning, even before the sun rose, Faye mumbled, "Anniversary Anniversary. Happy Anniversary." She spear-headed an Anniversary Card for us too but regretted she coloured in a blue dress on Mommy Bear. "Oh mommy, I should have drawn you a wedding dress. Then you and daddy will look married. Kor Kor sleeping and I eat honey." Cute innocent conversations that I'll miss when they are all grown.


Ewan made breakfast for Meyer and I too. He doesn't know how to make much but he attempted! It is amazing that they even thought about doing little things like these to make it special for us. That is so thoughtful and mature!

He made two pieces of bread while we were still in bed and placed it on the table for Meyer and I. Next to it, a note that read "Choose one." This boy. Sweetness Overload but because he is a boy, he cannot be bothered to look for a blank piece of paper to write on. He just grabbed whatever paper was in sight and this one's our Great Eastern insurance letter! *hahah* Whatever works son! Whatever works.

Daddy then laughed, "Thanks Ewan but erm, this bread is expired."


I appreciated the gesture and felt really thankful for these two. Of course of my husband too!

The table was set and the kids ran off to their cartoon leaving us alone for one-fifth of the day. I took a cheat day today and ordered a Spicy Crab Eggs Benedict for myself and Meyer chose Shashuka (V). Beautiful Beautiful Food! It came with two desserts too; one for him and one for me. We chose to share them with Ewan and Faye instead! Our daughter kept reminding daddy to save one bite for her after he movie and not eat it all. Daddy remembers.


I got the man a 12 year old Glenivet single malt scotch whiskey and I'll take it that the 10 steel pots and frying pans were for this occasion. I must say I am such a bad gifter. I have no idea what he wants [which year, which brand, which taste] so the best way to get something he'd be happy with is to give him my credit card to swipe as he click click click through the websites as he does his online shopping! Oh my goodness YES. We have come to that.

To many more years ahead of us!

Thanks for always providing me with a foot stool from across the table because I cannot reach the floor.


Like Us on Facebook if you enjoyed the read!
A stay at home mum, blogging to widen her social life. 
We want to echo the sound of love through our lives to inspire other mothers alike.

Comments

Popular Posts