PRINT FEATURE: Square Rooms Issue 174 October 2019

It was 2018 when we got our home featured in Square Rooms - Issue 154. That was a big one with our Living gracing the front cover. How proud was I! Could this [Home Styling] be the start of a new career? Awww.. I have the heart to start but insufficient energy to sustain. The kids are still so much on the top of my priority list.

In this month's Square Rooms issue, our Kitchen is being featured!


I stumbled upon a "Kitchen Show-Off Instagram Contest" on Square Rooms IG page and decided to put in a submission of my newly renovated Kitchen! I may be the lucky winner to win a WMF NATURamic 4.5L Pressure Cooker. Who knows? Since many had share how much they loved the new look-and-feel of our space-constraint kitchen, I thought I should try.

I hadn't expected to win! We even got a nice blown up picture of my Kitchen Selfie on the Content Page of this month's issue featuring all of 3LittlePicks beautiful hand-picks. I left it to Apple, the owner of 3LittlePicks, to style this part of the kitchen for me [Read: Kitchen Styling with 3LittlePicks]. Usually, I would head into her beautiful web-store to personally select each and every item. But this time, I think it's time I let loose her creativity and gave her full autonomy to spruce up my space. My only condition - Golds, Whites and Woods.


There was so much pride when I read what the team from Square Rooms wrote; especially the part "Designed by Liang May". As soon as I got hold of this issue, I took photos and sent them to Uncle Jerry [my contractor whom I've known for 20 years] and Uncle Akira [my uncle who is the second generation of the family's carpentry business]. They and their men were the people behind turning my concepts into reality.


They spent a lot of time discussing my ideas and giving me alternative options to my impracticalities.  It is probably one of those they deemed "headache kitchen" because they were trying very hard to fulfil my design without compromising on functionality. I opted for spray-paint kitchen cabinets knowing it's not going to last as long as the regular ones everybody use in their kitchens. It will get spoilt with water [need to wipe off immediately] and it needs to be wiped down daily from grease. Yet, I still went ahead for aesthetic reasons. It isn't impossible! Just need to make sure we maintain the kitchen in its cleanest condition after cooking. I'm not going to put their contact numbers here [they are usually overwhelmed with work] but if you are keen to hire them for your upcoming renovations, email/DM me on Facebook or Instagram!

With my new WMF Pressure Cooker, I guess I'll be learning new recipes soon!

All that you need to know when sourcing for materials for our Kitchen:
1. Kitchen Accessories - Kitchen Styling with 3LittlePicks
2. Brass Knobs and Handles - Lavavella
3. Decor Stickers for Door and Refrigerator - LayerPlay Design
4. Painting Job by Nippon - Always Nippon [Discount Code within]
5. Kitchen Sink Mixer - Hemsley Bathshoppe
6. Kitchen Fireclay Sink - Universal Union
7. Kitchen Backsplash - An Huat Trading
8. Kitchen Pendant Light - Lights & Co


Like Us on Facebook if you enjoyed the read!
A stay at home mum, blogging to widen her social life. 
We want to echo the sound of love through our lives to inspire other mothers alike.




Comments

  1. Woohoo, congrats! 你很厉害咯, consider going into it full-time in future k! ❤

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts