My Drum School: Masterclass with Renowned Drummers

Ewan's drumming school holds Masterclass clinics for their students [and to the public] quarterly. In this year alone, there were three Masterclasses organised by My Drum School and the fourth, Mike Johnston's Masterclass! It will be coming up on 23rd and 24th November 2019! 

I researched a little more about Mike [I really have no clue who the great drummers of our times are] and wow! He's really popular! He began studying the drums at the age of five and spent the next fifteen years studying privately with drumming legends Pete Magadini, Steve Ferrone, and Will Kennedy.  At the age of 21, he received his first major label record deal with his band Simon Says and spent the next five years touring the world. He even had the privilege to appear on the Late Show with David Letterman!

So I must say, it will be a great opportunity to catch him live in person at My Drum School this year!

Watch all Drum Masterclasses [of Rolf Wam Fjell & Sean Isaac Tng, Arthur Kam and Peter Szendofi] organised by My Drum School here!

BENEFITS OF A MASTERCLASS?
"Students get a chance to meet and greet their drum idols, ask questions on their experiences and get totally inspired by world class playing! It also gives aspiring drummers first-hand accounts of what it is like to be a touring / session drummer. It takes just one magical performance to give that student the needed spark to get their passion going." says Joel Seah, Head of Operations.

[pictures credit: My Drum School]

I brought Ewan to attend his first Masterclass with Arthur Kam [spot Ewan peeking out behind Arthur in the first picture]. His drum teacher, James G, suggested Ewan to attend it to inspire him in his drumming pilgrimage. It was awe-inspiring for Ewan who kept his eyes fixated on Arthur's groove and beats and improvisations. I, on the other hand, was there mainly to support my son's interest. I could't understand the music but just watching him get all energised from the drumming made me beam with pride. Proud of myself for even sitting through the two-hour session *haha*

But truly, as a mom, I feel this exposure to watching a professional drummer at work is very beneficial for the student. It became rather dry for my seven year old when the Q&A started. There were more adults than little ones attending the Masterclass and the questions thrown on the floor were very technical ones. The children did not quite understand it. So that's where boredom kicked in and I could see the kids fidgeting in their seats. But when it was time to watch another drumming set, their eyes all lit up. Little hands holding onto imaginary drumsticks and hitting their snares and cymbals.

Here's a sneak on what a Masterclass would be like!


About Mike Johnston's upcoming Masterclass in Singapore, here are the deets!

Register via this link.

Event: Drum Masterclass with Mike Johnston
Venue: 71 Ubi Rd 1, #07-42 Singapore (408732)
Date/Time: Saturday, 23 November 6pm to 8pm or Sunday, 24 November 3pm to 5pm
Price: $55 Public, $45 MDS Student
Admission: Free Seating
Parking: Basement 1, Lobby 4
Nearest MRT: Tai Seng MRT

If you are looking to find a drum school for yourself or your child, join us at My Drum School!

DISCOUNT CODE
"YANG EWAN"
1. Fill in Contact Information
2. Select "MDS Student" under "How did you hear about My Drum School"
3. Indicate discount code aka Yang Ewan under "Message"
4. Enjoy all the perks stated below!

Take S$50 off your first month's drum lessons at My Drum School [enjoy an additional 25% off your second month's lesson if you enrol at Ang Mo Kio branch] and get rewarded again with $100 off on your third month as a student in MDS!

READ ALSO
My Drum School: The Switch from Piano to Drums

FEE STRUCTURE
Click on link

BRANCHES
My Drum School Buona Vista (West)
35 Rochester Drive, #03-19 Rochester Mall S(138639)
Tel: +65 8799 9779
Nearest MRT: Buona Vista Station (EW 21)

My Drum School Potong Pasir (City)
51 Upper Serangoon Road, #03-06 The Poiz Centre Singapore 347697
Tel: +65 8799 9779
Nearest MRT: Potong Pasir [NE 10]

My Drum School Katong (East)
865 Mountbatten Road #06-21 Katong Shopping Centre Singapore 437844
Tel: +65 8799 9779
Nearest MRT: Paya Lebar [EW 8] [CC 9]

 MDS Ang Mo Kio (North)
61 Ang Mo Kio Ave. 8, #02-04 Jubilee Square Singapore 569814
Nearest MRT: Ang Mo Kio Station [NS16]


Like Us on Facebook if you enjoyed the read!
A stay at home mum, blogging to widen her social life. 
We want to echo the sound of love through our lives to inspire other mothers alike.

Comments

Popular Posts