Fashion Show: Fox Factor Model Search 2018

The Fox Factor Model Search was held on 10 March 2018 for children aged four to nine and Ewan was invited by the good folks of Fox to make this walk. While big brother falls within the category, Faye doesn't. She is three.

When she heard that this fashion show was not for her, she cried. I went through a lot of reasoning with her on this matter but she just wouldn't let it go. I reminded her how she refused to walk at her last show with PocketPig Diary [oh wait.. that was second last show. She did walk in the Pleatation Fashion Show] and how she always wanted someone to hold her hand down the runway. This time, it would be a solo walk and I didn't feel she was ready. 

Faye replied adamently, "I am ready. I know I have to walk alone. I want to go for the fashion show!" Arriving at Vivo City Amphitheater this evening, I asked for the impossible. I asked if they would squeeze her in just to satiate her need to model and they needn't judge her since she is out of the age group [and since we were invited guests]. It was really just for goodwill, for fun and for experience. Being a fun-loving company as they are, they wrote her tag and let her have her moment in front of 600 guests.

Now the sitting arrangement was a little tricky. The participants were to sit on their own without their parents. Not only that! They have to be seated with kids of their own age group! That meant that Faye would not be able to be with her brother. We were uncertain if she would be brave enough to do that. If she would be willing.

I showed her where she was supposed to be and indicated how far we would be from her. "Would that be alright?" She nodded. "Do you know you have to sit alone?" She nodded. With that, I left her in a sea of strangers and gave her a victory kiss on her forehead. I walked back to Meyer who was sitting some six rows behind. He couldn't spot her in the crowd, he worried if she would cry and wondered out loud, "Are you sure she can be left on her own?"

Well, Faye did not cry even though she turned her head around a dozen of times to look for us but to no avail. When it was her turn, she followed the ushers in a straight line towards the stage. While in the queue, she was tapping her feet to the beat. She was twisting her waist and actually broke into a little dance!

Boy was I impressed with her confidence. She's usually the shy one between the two.

Then came her turn and she suddenly turned meek. Faye walked down the red carpet with the host guiding her down, holding her hand. She didn't do her Princess Twirl that she invented just before the show. Oh but I was still very pleased of her achievement.

The achievement of going solo.


Ewan! I asked him for his opinion before signing him up for Fox Factor Model Search. I am sure parents learn by now that if you send your child for something he doesn't like, it is going to be an uphill climb. If he wasn't keen, I wouldn't consider.

Oh but he said he would like to do this fashion show with Fox.

The morning of the show. I asked him what he would do for the pose; for the walk. He announced, "Kung Fu!" Well, if you've been following our journey well enough, you would have expected the same from him. I gave him some alternative suggestions and he didn't like them all, "I know what to do mommy. I'll do what I want." He came up with ideas like a hand-stand, a fireball punch or a dance.

Hmm technically, this is not a talent show but a runway show. That's not exactly how you do it.

Daddy said, "Just let him improvise. He'll know what to do." With that, I left Ewan to his own devices.

As I held my camera up, filming my son walking his turn, my heart raced! "What the heck is he doing!" Ewan started to strip! He removed his scarf, his toy camera, his spectacles and I was praying  hard inside that he would not pull down his pants! He ended his show with a strong Superhero pose; like a Wolverine.


I wanted to laugh myself crazy! My son is an entertainer! He is such a joker. I heard the audience applauded and screamed in celebration of his bravery and unexpected performance.

As soon as Ewan was off-stage, I received private messages from friends who were there at the amphitheater sharing how entertained they were! Posting snippets of the runway show on Instagram Stories had more messages coming in with:

"Well done! I won't be able to do that on stage like he did!"
"Ewan is always full of stunts!"
"I hope he gets it man! I would choose a boy like him!"
"Definitely the best walk!"

I do not know if I was supposed to feel embarrassed by his unconventional moves or be really proud to see him stay so cool and calm in front of 600 people! I think he will excel as a stand-up comedian! This one's a performer and he enjoys the attention.

I showed him his video clip and he couldn't help but laugh heartily at his funny antics! He enjoyed it!

"Ewan! Mommy was so afraid you would pull down your pants!" I said.
"Oh! I wanted to take off my shirt to show my muscles" he replied.

Huh? What muscles? Oh my goodness my boy. You are hilarious.


RUNWAY SHOWS
2017
Faye and Ewan in PocketPig Diary
Like Us on Facebook if you enjoyed the read!
A stay at home mum, blogging to widen her social life. 
We want to echo the sound of love through our lives to inspire other mothers alike.

Comments

Popular Posts