Aureus Academy of Music: We Rented a Korg LP380

Media Invite

After almost a year of learning the piano with Aureus Academy, I decided to rent a Korg LP380 for Ewan in #mmlittle家. Previously, we had been practicing at my dad's and the travelling to and fro can be quite tiring.

With the arrival of our new place, I thought it'd be best to have his instrument in his room and our current upright [the piano I grew up with] is way too big for the space we have. I did considerable amount of research and the Korg LP380 seems like the perfect solution for tight spaces at just 26cm in depth, yet be able to produce an experience similar to that of a real piano. Well, not exactly but at least the keys are weighted [Real Weighted Hammer Action 3 RH3] unlike a regular electronic keyboard.


Aureus Academy rents instruments not only to students but to the public as well. I wanted to give Korg a try before committing myself to it. The only practical way is to have it rented for a few months to see if it suited our needs. If it doesn't, I'll bring my upright over from my dad's and probably have it placed in our living room. 

At S$55 per month, I could rent the Korg LP380 before I decide if I would like to own it. When I decided to purchase it, the total amount I spent renting would be deducted from the retail price of S$1200 we agreed on at point of rental. The minimum rental duration is six months although should I like to purchase it before my commitment period ends, I do not need to fulfil the initial rental duration.

Skilfully crafted in Japan, the Korg LP380 is a digital piano packaged in a slim design that adds style to your home. The flat-top cabinet looks stylish even when the key cover is closed and Ewan uses it as a table for his piano theory writing. It features a soft landing mechanism to ensure it closes gently and safely without banging onto little fingers. I remember I got hit quite a number of times growing up with my piano! It was painful!

Comes in White and Rosewood Grain finishing, I couldn't help but opt for the White piece to complement the look of his monochrome room [although the Rosewood Grain would have been much easier to maintain].

There's also a Key Touch Control function that lets you choose one of three levels to specify how your playing dynamics will affect the sound, allowing you to personalize the instrument to your own keyboard touch. Oh did I mention it also has an in-built metronome and Line-Out jack for when you want to practice late into the night without disturbing your neighbours?

The LP-380 includes all three pedals that are normally found on a concert grand piano, including support for realistic half-pedaling on both the damper and soft pedals. I couldn't ask for a more impressive digital piano in the market.





You can now set a viewing appointment of their piano retail showroom located at 12 Tai Seng Link. I had my viewing of the Korg done at Rochester Mall so do call their main line 62356488 to check if they have a showroom at an Aureus Academy near you.

Not only can you rent a piano or a keyboard, there are also guitar rentals available at Aureus Academy  More information here.


Like Us on Facebook if you enjoyed the read!
A stay at home mum, blogging to widen her social life. 
We want to echo the sound of love through our lives to inspire other mothers alike.

Comments

Popular Posts