Sunday Brunch at Home

Ewan challenged me, "Can you make a Ninja Turtle wrap? Otherwise I will skip lunch!"

Mom replied, "Oh sure! Why not! That's really easy son."


It got the kids laughing like crazy when I pick Raphael up from the toy bin and wrapped him up neatly for the bite! Actually, no. I really cannot put together a handsome-looking Ninja Turtle for brunch today at such short [impromptu] notice. However, I can attempt to work on other simpler animal-inspired dishes with pasta, vegetables and cheese! 

Daddy is finally back from his study trip but my plan for a family Sunday Brunch out in a nice cafe was dashed... because he fell terribly ill. A blessing in disguise for the children though because their Kids Menu [wherever we might be] would not have been half this awesome! 


I had always wanted to put together a special meal for the children and with October just clocking in, it would have been the perfect opportunity to celebrate Children's Day for them! Very quickly, I consulted a picture folder in my laptop which I named "Kiddy Meals" where I collected dozens of inspirations from other moms on their plating creations to entice children to sit for their meals. With that, I dished out Miss Apple Baked Bunny, To Infinity And Beyond and King Of The Jungle. They were all really simple to put together if you are short of time to feed hungry mouths. 

Would you make a guess which two were chosen by Ewan and Faye?

Miss Apple Baked Bunny
Faye chose this one for herself. With just six simple ingredients, she cleaned her bunny-faced plate up without any remains. Oh wait. She passed me the little mini asparagus tips which I hoped she would have eaten. Oh well... she's a carnivore after all.

1 Mission Foods Original Wrap
1 Baby Carrots
1 Slice of Cheese
2 Apple Baked Ham
2 Black Olive Rings
3 Asparagus Tips



To Infinity And Beyond
Ewan went straight for this because he loved the rocket! Thank goodness he took his meal even though I couldn't create an edible Ninja Turtle wrap in such short notice. I wrapped more carrots,  asparagus and eggs inside the rocket's body for a fuller lunch. A vegetarian dish because my son doesn't quite like his meats. 

1 Mission Foods Original Wrap
1 Hard Boiled Egg
1 Cheese 
2 Asparagus Sticks
4 Baby Carrots 
Black Olive Rings
Tomato Pasta Sauce




King Of The Jungle
Surprisingly, the children did not choose the lion! I really liked this one and the man of our house took it for his meal. A very easy dish as you can see where instructions are not even required to put this King of the Jungle together. It was so simple I got it out in 10 minutes! What a way to fix a quick and healthy meal.

1 Mission Foods Original Wrap
1 Strawberry 
1 Baby Carrots 
2 Black Olive Rings
Fusilli Pasta



I wonder when would be the golden age whereby my children would leave me alone while I busied myself in the kitchen. The reason why I dislike cooking - they keep butting their heads in with, "Is my Bunny ready?", "I want to eat grapes." and "Mommmmmmy! She snatched my toy!" Then I realised, I should have involved them! It would made it a lot more fun and less stressful on my part to have the children in the "cooking process".

So for desserts, inspired by the double rainbow seen all across Singapore on Friday, we made a fruit medley of a rainbow. Together!

Rainbow Medly
We spread cream cheese over the wraps and the children decided on the colours of their rainbows with strawberries, kiwi, bananas and grapes! Oh what fun! I cannot lie and say it wasn't messy but it was messy fun. Yummy and Healthy too! Every bite was a juicy medley of sweet and sour crunch. What a round up to our homely Sunday Brunch.






Instead of heading out for your meals next Sunday, how about give this a try and do not forget to involve the children!

A stay at home mum, blogging to widen her social life. 
We want to echo the sound of love through our lives to inspire other mothers alike.

Comments

Popular Posts