Ewan Turns Twelve: Brawl Stars


A milestone for sure. It’s always Yes Day on birthdays but Yeses end at 2200hrs. Well the only reason why I accede to Yes Days is because the kids don't ask for anything too difficult to rustle up. They wouldn't ask me to wind down the windows when we head into the car wash or go for an ice-cream eating contest. 

Ewan has always been the one who chooses the cheapest dish on the menu, the one who doesn’t need any expensive gifts or seeks to be showered with luxurious travels. It’s not that he bothers looking at the price tags. It’s not that he is frugal. It’s just like that with him enjoying only the simple stuff in life like fried rice. Being a homebody is something that came after Covid and I totally understand why. Yet I know, the real reason is because nowhere else's wifi is as reliable as the home's. "What if Brawl Stars lag!" *haha* You know what I mean if you have a game-loving kid.

Naturally, this birthday, he only asked to have a day In at home with Brawl Stars. With friends if they can join him. Otherwise, that’s fine too! Oh! “And donuts please!?” Donuts it is! A dozen for this low cost kid! 

It is also very me to put together a memorable party with a nice backdrop or table decor to match the theme. It is with great pleasure that Phay Shing was able to take our macarons order and meticulously created Stu and Buzz from Brawl Stars with so much fine details added to them! This one was a surprise  for him and he deserves it. Honestly, I do not know who else in Singapore can create such intricacies in a macaron. Her passion drives her to perfection and that separates her from the rest. Also, I'll support a home baker any time just to keep their fire burning.  








I would have flipped if my son was invited to a gaming party and played the entire six hours through. As promised, to the moms of the other children, they had regular eye breaks. What better way to set up sports stations as eye break activities since they are all boys of different school teams. Regardless the sport they are in, they will definitely enjoy a good physical game. Ewan planned the itinerary himself and had it all in his head since January including his invite list!









He received a Brawl Pass, in-app game booster, as birthday present from his friends. They messaged me to ask me what they should get for Ewan because they asked him and as usual, Ewan tells people, “I don’t need presents.”

I told one of them that what would make him very happy is of course a Brawl Stars. The big but is, we do not allow it because: 

1. it is a total waste of money to be spent on online games 
2. it is bad habit and the start of something annoying should he keep asking 
3. we do not want to support any kind of addiction should there be any 

They told me Yes! Please let him have it and make it a very happy birthday for him. I had to go through a lot of struggle on my part but I know this is the only thing that will bring him to a high. Higher than having a mobile phone or Nintendo switch, both of which he doesn’t own. 

$15 was all it took to make him so crazily happy honestly. What’s a waste of money to us may not be for them. What’s a big thing to us may be a small thing to them. Maybe we should sometimes try to look at their perspective. Within boundaries for sure *sigh* I relented! I gave in! He received an in-app game purchase as birthday gift!

Darn. It’s also PSLE year. A whole day of play today but come tomorrow? Back to regular programming with his books. Sian much but such is also Life.

I wonder when he will stop asking for a party. Is it this year? Is it next? Is it never? Oh it cannot be never. 

There is a part of me wanting to quit writing about birthdays. Yet, this space serves as a space for me to look up on events and milestones that I had forgotten over the busy years of parenting. 

Till then, Happy Birthday Stu [son]! "Brawl Stars FOREVER!" says Colette.

Read Ewan's other Birthday Celebrations:
First Birthday, 2013
Second Birthday, 2014
Third Birthday, 2015
Fourth Birthday, 2016
Fifth Birthday, 2017
Sixth Birthday, 2018

Like Us on Facebook if you enjoyed the read!

A stay at home mum, blogging to widen her social life. 
We want to echo the sound of love through our lives to inspire other mothers alike.

Comments

  1. Mr Stork Menu is designed to provide a relaxed and refined dining experience, with attention to detail in both food presentation and service.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gvrapp platform offers a cost-effective solution that enables individuals and organizations to collect funds with minimal fees.
    https://gvrapp.au

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts