Ewan turns Seven: Camouflage Military

This year's party shall be a Gun War! We had a gathering with Ewan's kindy friends early this year and they ended up making up their own Nerf Gun War which looked totally awesome! It was in an uncontrolled environment, rules were shabbily made and the boys growled when it was time to leave. They missed each other a lot since graduation from Kindergarten and promised each other that there will definitely be a next time.

So, we took this opportunity over Ewan's birthday to organise one! We found ourselves checking into Tag Team at East Coast Park. A central location, indoor and air-conditioned, not worrying if rain will dampen the day, Ewan was extremely excited to meet his mates again. Although the boys would probably have a ball of a time still if I just toss Nerf guns on the field, I thought it'd be nice to have this one properly themed and facilitated. 

Seven boys for Ewan's Seven!

Got to thank them all for making so much effort to be there after school because it was a weekday and rushing down right after school dismissal is a lot to ask for these boys' moms!


I couldn't think of the theme or prepare for it until Faye's Mermaid Party was over. There was a lot going on with her party decor and I wasn't able to multi-task at that time. As soon as her birthday was over, I spent one night thinking about Ewan's theme and got it!

Guns. Wars. Boys.

It suddenly became very obvious that Camo would be it. It marked my first time visiting the Army Market at Beach Road where I found affordable children-sized Army wear [girls and boys] which I bought for the party-goers! Soldier tees with name badges sewn onto them [gosh.. the badges were more expensive than the tees], military themed caps from Cotton On and there! These made up for the kids' "goody bag". S$20 per kid for six of them with every day essentials they can use. Better than sweets and gums anytime!


I didn't know where to get Army themed plates, serviettes and party stuff until a friend suggested maybe I should visit Party City which we did just two days before his big day. Goodness gracious me! They've got everything Camo from candles to soldier piñata! Ewan wanted the piñata so very much but I imagined me having to go shopping for more things to stuff into the piñata - ohhhhhhh too much trouble. Convinced him to water bombs instead and of course he gamely agreed.


I got Ewan to write this piece for his birthday post. It's about time we start composition [with mom's help on spelling and grammar] for this Primary One kid.

There were seven boys on my seventh birthday. 

They were Eugene, Sean, Joshua, Elliot, Callum, Anders and Ewan at the party.

They were my cousins and friends from Kindergarten. 

We met after school and played laser gun war at Tag Team. My team won three rounds and the other team won one round. In the end, we scored 422. Their team was 222. I hope they liked it as much as I even though they lost. My team was green and the other team was blue. Our guns light up!

My war room had walls for us to hide behind to protect ourselves from getting shot. There was a visualiser on the wall to show our scores. There was air-condition in the room so it was nice and cold! When it was war time, the room became dark. We wore a special belt over our chest for the shooters to shoot at. There was a triangle we were supposed to aim at. We all survived even though we got shot because the laser Was Not Real! 

When the war was over, we went to other room to play more VR games and Drone! It was quite funny. My friend smashed the drone onto the ceiling! 

It was not over! We ran out to the field and found a Pong Pong fruit! We used it as a ball and played Soccer. After that, 爷爷 came to the field with a ball. He bought us a real ball to play! 

We had lots of fun bombing our friends with the water grenade bombs too. I didn’t get splashed but my friends did because I was running very fast! 妹妹 made all the grenades for me, all 38 of them but they were not enough. I thanked my mommy for setting up the decorations for me. I also thanked my daddy for coming to my birthday without going to work when he is supposed to work. 

When I went to the Army market, mommy spent I don’t know how much money to buy the Army clothes for my friends and I. 

I feel like having my birthday party all over again. I mean, every day! All over again, every day!

It was good hearing him string a story about his birthday on his own. Even better when he said he wished he could rerun to that day all over again. Goes to show how much he had enjoyed his day.

Although we've had the Nerf Gun war in mind, Tag Team suggested Laser Guns instead because our players were fairly young. It wasn't as safe to handle Nerf bullets as compared to Laser. I agreed and I want no injury from the outcome of this party. We went ahead with Laser Guns instead!

Birthday Rates: https://www.tagteaminc.sg/ratesandpromo#east-coast-park-rates
Walk-in Rates: https://www.tagteaminc.sg/walk-in


I wondered how the host was going to handle a bunch of eager beavers [I know I cannot]. For one, they've got to be louder and more assertive than the boys! Exactly like teachers. They even timed out for water breaks so that the kids hydrate properly. *thumbs up*

It was obvious the party was over after the cake blow-out but instead of sitting and eating cake, the boys ran off into that welcoming green patch of field to play catch! They played catch, they played water grenade and then a round of football as soon as they spotted a deserted Pong Pong fruit on the ground. Love the innovation kids come up with and it felt so kampong. This is exactly what it means by letting children be children and allowing imagination to take over.


Oh boy. Life's fleeting. We have already parented a little somebody for seven years now.

Read Ewan's other Birthday Celebrations:
First Birthday, 2013
Second Birthday, 2014
Third Birthday, 2015
Fourth Birthday, 2016
Fifth Birthday, 2017
- Sixth Birthday, 2018


Like Us on Facebook if you enjoyed the read!
A stay at home mum, blogging to widen her social life. 
We want to echo the sound of love through our lives to inspire other mothers alike.

Comments

Popular Posts