My Family's "Center" Built Over Bedtime Conversations


Each one of us has a heart “center”. It is what makes us who we are; our one special quality we want to always protect.

The children spoke about it over bedtime one night and they introspected into their own “centers”. The room was quiet for a while and Ewan mentioned EMPATHY while Faye whispered HONESTY. They both believe these are the [center] main qualities they bring forth to others and to themselves.

I was impressed that these two little fellas have such self-awareness to pin-point these traits and I do agree with them. 

EWAN: Empathy is innate for this boy despite his boisterous demeanour. He is gentler and encouraging to those younger than him [except his sister whom he treats like an equal] and shares his stories/toys/food with the elderlies. Most of the time, he doesn’t think before he speaks *haha* but when he does, he will consider the feelings of others. I remember when we watched a Table Tennis match live in action, I shook my head in disapproval when the player missed a ball. He quickly reprimanded me, “Don’t do that mommy! If he sees it, he will be discouraged!” The list goes on... he even tells his sister that it's evil of her to share [with her friends] how much fun they get with me after school because then her friends would get envious of her for having a mom like me! Awwwww...


FAYE: Honesty befits her to the T. I trust everything she says because she doesn’t lie. I think she tried it once or twice and it ate her up so much, she broke down almost immediately. I knew then this girl isn’t made to deceive. As she is right now in this picture - HONESTY! She didn’t want to take a photo and could not would not even fake a smile *haha* it turned out hilarious! I love her honesty and I love this pic! 


They gave Mom, Dad and Gypsie a “center” too. 

I am LOVE. For all the hugs and I Love Yous they received from me. “Mommy loves me that is why she scolds me.” Woops. That too! 

Dad is SECURITY. He makes them feel so secure and safe whether emotionally or physically. They’ve never landed on the floor from all the fun tosses and throws in the air because Daddy always catches them in time! Such trust in him. They have forgotten how daddy dropped Ewan a few times as a baby! Ewan flew out of his arms twice! Once hitting the wall before landing on the floor!

Love and Security. I think we did well fulfilling the basic needs of our children.


Gypsie is PLAY. We cannot disagree. She wakes up at midnight for a short round of catching if we are awake! 

This is my family.

Thank you for being mine.

Always loving all our meaningful conversations and I hope these help shape the adults you will all become. 




Like Us on Facebook if you enjoyed the read!

A stay at home mum, blogging to widen her social life. 
We want to echo the sound of love through our lives to inspire other mothers alike.

Comments

  1. Thank you so much for sharing such an interesting and informative blog .Unlike this we also provide secondary math tuition so if you face any issues regarding maths you may visit us. Apart from this we also provide various services at affordable price.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Guys
    Here is best mattress avilable on affordable price in singapore.Simmons is the brand of mattress its too good.
    for more info : queen size mattress

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts