You Guys Are Lucky You Have A Pet At This Age

To my children and all you children who own a dog, cat, hamster, guinea pig, rabbit...

You are very lucky to be able to grow up with a pet at your age. 

Ewan, you were eight when we brought Gypsie home. At eight and six, you are both still very young and mommy knows most of the pet-caring work will befall onto mine and daddy's shoulders. We always talked about how you should first be responsible for yourselves before you care for another. No Pets Until Then!

Yet we know too that it will probably take another ten years or so. I know because that was what my parents told me when I requested for a puppy every year. By the time I proved myself responsible, they will say things like, "Why don't you get your own puppy when you move into your own home?" 

There. I never grew up with my dream pup as a child. You did! 

I didn't realise you were fortunate to own a pet at your age until a fellow dog mom mentioned it during one of our field day, "Aren't you lucky your parents got you a pet?"

We all know parenting is tough on its own with two young impressionable ones. To add on another furkid adds more weight to the caretaking. Yet we did it nonetheless even though the apprehension was real. The thought is quite scary because there's so much work in caring for a dog yet now that we are in it, love fuels us! It has never quite been a burden. Still, you little ones are lucky your parents are this brave *haha*

Looking at how much Gypsie filled our hearts and for you both to go all crazy hugging her after school, makes her addition to our family even more precious. 

Thank you for being the loving Paw-Sibling to Gypsie. 

I see you seeking comfort and companionship from her whenever you are down. It is therapeutic.

You haven't picked her poo or washed her urine off yet but you are both willing to bring her out to the patio for her poo poo. It is so funny to watch how you quickly usher her back into the home before locking the door to prevent her from eating her poop. That's your way of showing responsibility

I definitely witnessed more empathy in you two after Gypsie's arrival. You never want to leave her alone at home, in the car or anywhere. You guys imagined how you would feel being left alone and decided No Way you want Gyps to feel like that. So sweet. Thank you. 


Like Us on Facebook if you enjoyed the read!
A stay at home mum, blogging to widen her social life. 
We want to echo the sound of love through our lives to inspire other mothers alike.

Comments

  1. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts