2020 has its Silver Linings too

I weirdly enjoyed 2020 with the Circuit Breaker, Home-Based Learning and Work From Home situation. Kept away from the outside world and in our own inner circle of four [five]. I truly appreciated the bonus time 2020 had given us despite all its inconveniences and adjustments we had to make to live together 24/7.

While I have already been accustomed to the life of Me and Kids almost on a 24/7 basis, it was a rather different dynamic for/with Daddy when he had to Work From Home. Every one stepped on every one's toes, there were angry words flying from kitchen to living room, the kids were however happy to have daddy home all the time. He finally doesn't need to travel because COVID-19 didn't allowed travels and we had daddy home every night to put the kids to sleep! Yippee! No more "I Miss Daddy" tears from Ewan in 2020.

I think it has been a swell year despite the fear from the ever-rising figures on the critically ills and death counts worldwide. We did our very best to protect our family and loved ones from contracting COVID-19 by following hygiene rules really closely in Singapore. Mommy here even added more stringent ground rules to ensure zero possibilities of contracting this deadly virus in our family. You've got me to thank for keeping you safe! 

It's an unusual year. Tomorrow I will turn 39 years old but I do not feel the least bit old. I enjoy the maturity and clarity that comes with life. The unprecedented year brought out so much hardships but we’ve proven we are all such survivors adapting to adversities like we did! 

Happy to be where I am today. I live, breathe, talk Positivity. It is such a waste of time to think negatively because we have this whole life ahead of us to make the best out of. I truly think being grateful for what we have and seeing the little hurdles before us as a challenge instead of harping on "This is the worst day of my life" help shape a better person our of us. I want that for me, for daddy and for you two. 

This year had proven that you, at age six and eight, have the power to live through a pandemic year and kicked assed! You are both Spartan Kids with so many medals in your pockets. You both bravely jumped into the sea from a platform at Hydrodash together. You have both soared like an eagle down a 450m zip line in Sentosa through the rain. You have both achieved so much in the year, I truly believe that any challenge that awaits you in life will be easily conquered. Do not fear the future and do not fear setbacks. Twenty-Twenty showed us how strong we are. 

I cannot wait for 2021 to be over to celebrate my fourth decade! With you, daddy and Gyps by my side.


 

Like Us on Facebook if you enjoyed the read!
A stay at home mum, blogging to widen her social life. 
We want to echo the sound of love through our lives to inspire other mothers alike.

Comments

  1. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts