Networking A Future with Calling Cards

In collaboration with Stuck On You and Daprayer Designs.

I cannot believe the day has come for me to own calling cards for my blog. The idea had always been shelved away because I didn't think I needed one. Given the topic I touch on, Parenting, media invitations are mostly informal and light-hearted. It wasn't until a few intimate networking sessions later, that I started toying with the idea of printing a deck of calling cards. I remember how I had to apologise several times to owners and directors of companies when they asked me for one.

"I'm sorry I don't have one"

I realised I am missing opportunities that may be valuable to me in the future if I didn't attempt to keep connected. What got me thinking was an encounter with the founder of a popular online parenting portal. We were pulled together by fate at one event and she found me interesting enough to suggest working together. Well of course she asked for my card. I told her I will drop her an email to keep in touch. But workload got the better of me and I chose to stay silent. If I had given her a card, she could have come knocking at my door [mailbox] when a suitable writing stint arises! I totally threw that out of the window.

There will come one day when I will have to stop detailing the lives of my children. For one, they are growing up. I will probably be looking at other avenues to continue writing for as long as I stay home for the kids. Oh who knows? Maybe I might land myself in a full-time writing job for other platforms other than my own! Maybe I may write for life!

To plan for that future, I decided to start with the basics of keeping connected. 


Stuck On You is an Australian brand and their humble beginnings started with name labels. Labelling children’s lunch boxes, uniforms and stationery - it remains their highest selling product to date! They have expanded their range of products exponentially and today, they have calling cards added to their list as well.

Their designs are created in-house and all products printed at the Stuck On You Headquarters in Geelong, Australia. Browsing through their collection [there is a monogram series too], I found two designs which suit the image I want to portray for the future of A Million Little Echoes.

If I have to stop documenting the lives of my children, I am thinking of going into Lifestyle and Travel. A Mom . Travel . Blogger image sounds like the tagline I would like printed on my cards.

I had been representing myself to home-related partners like contractors and furniture shops with the Geometric design. The Flamingo calling cards represent the Travel mom in me and they were handed out to travel-related brands!


But it comes with a blank space on the flip side which looked rather empty. A lightbulb moment came and I asked Dawn of Daprayer if I could engage her for her hand lettering service. She said YES and the rest was history.

Instead of writing on every single card [I've got 80 of them], she suggested I did a rubber stamp! How clever! All we require was her writing A Million Little Echoes just once and have it vectorised digitally. The printing company will turn it into a rubber stamp which I can use for letterheads, calling cards, etc.

Dawn's penmanship is beautiful and if I had to support someone, I would give the job to a fellow mom. She is so passionate about her work that she hand-letter printable freebies which goes out on a monthly basis when you sign up for DAPRAYER.COM’s newsletter!


Look. I did try my best to hand-letter the words myself. But. My handwriting is hideous. You can go ahead and laugh. Permission granted.

I am very thankful how far I have come since starting A Million Little Echoes in 2013. Brands now see value in my sharing and offer me engagements which I accept [if they are in line with my blog direction] to help ease the household income.

I have got the best of both worlds now and counting my blessings every single day. My writings are still very much driven out of passion. It rejuvenates me when the going gets tough and keeps me focused on the important things in life.

Note: The calling cards allow you to print mobile numbers too. I've taken it away digitally for privacy reasons.

... ... ...

DISCOUNT CODE
Enjoy 10% off your online purchases
[except value packs]

Apply Code:
mmlittlee10
upon check-out!
(ends 30th of November 2017)

Like Us on Facebook if you enjoyed the read!
A stay at home mum, blogging to widen her social life. 
We want to echo the sound of love through our lives to inspire other mothers alike.

Comments

Popular Posts