Giving Thanks On Behalf Of My Son

The degree of concern for Ewan's fractured collarbone came unexpected and way beyond my expectation. I had to write about this incident like I did for Faye's injured foot when she fell of the luggage because well, because I document almost everything about them. Writing helps me get it off my chest and I move on better after I publish a post. 

I am overwhelmed by everyone's love and well wishes for this little boy. 他蛮有人缘的. He is charismatic and strikes up a good one-on-one conversation with adults. Only problem is, he isn't always very nice lah. More work in progress with this one on being polite and giving. 

There is so much to give thanks to besides the kind lady in the elevator that offered to help us at her church, the orthopaedic who was so caring and for his martial arts school to cover his medical bills.

Oh my Singapore Mom Blogger community. 

With this unfortunate incident happening on Saturday, my fellow Monday brunch date mommies asked if we should go ahead with it. I think we should! Ewan can always come along right? I mean, his legs are working fine. 

Never would I have thought an innocent ride on a rocking horse at Kith would cause another frightening fall. Trust me, I stayed with him when he went to venture into the innocent play area. I watched him play and assessed any dangerous activities that may pose as a threat. Well, I saw none. There was only one box of playthings and three ride-ons. I made sure he could get up and down properly before I left him at it on his own. From where I sat, I could watch him if he sat on that horse again. 

My bad judgment on his fantastic motor skills caused his fall when he dismounted it. He didn't fall on his right but landed on his left. Again. Oh the wails. Oh the cries. I couldn't forgive myself and the first thought that came through was, "Meyer is so going to kill me for letting this happen." My son was in horrible pain!


Jenn [My Lil Bookworm], one of three mommy bloggers I was meeting, walked in while Janice [The MishMashMess] and I helplessly consoled Ewan. As soon as she heard what happened, she mumbled something and left the restaurant. Oh thank goodness Ewan stopped crying because I was ready to bring him in for another X-Ray if he could not be settled within ten minutes. 

I called Jenn, "Hey! Where did you go?"

She actually left the restaurant to find Paracetamol for him! I told her to come back because Ewan had stopped crying but she still came back with a bottle of Paracetamol. I was extremely grateful for kindness and Ewan was happy to take his dosage to ease away the pain. 

Her thoughtfulness deserves a big big hug. She went out after dinner last night to [purposely] find buttoned-down PJs for Ewan because he can't possibly wear any kind of tees with his shoulder locked in one position. She went from store to store and finally found one just before they closed for the day. Look how he fitted so well in it! Thank you so much Jenn. 


This boy cannot stop moving. He is still walking backwards, standing on one leg and I have to keep reminding him not to jump in case he falls. My husband texted me, "Brunch Okay with Ewan?"

I cannot possible lie or hide from him that his son fell from the rocking horse. I told him, preparing to be axed. 

Meyer replied, "Doesn't mean he is not more hurt already! Too risky. Hospital stay involved if break? What if is not a clean break? I would prefer to just keep him at home at all cost."

*nods nods* Okay. I think that is what I am going to do. We had visitors today at home that lifted his spirits by leaps and bounds. Every time the door bell rang, he jumped like a happy little puppy, "Who's here! Who's here?" I think we will just get by each day with visitations. If anyone is free, feel free to visit *haha*

Just before leaving Kith, Janice spoilt us with a packet of Choco Sea Salt cookies! Thank you so much! All these love. Also, thank you for entertaining Ewan, encouraging him for small wins and reinforcing that he had been a brave boy while he cried. You don't know how much that helped ease my stress.


Serene! Serene from Xavvy-licious. She passed us two bottles of Young Living oils - Wintergreen and Frankincense. She went the mile to dilute Wintergreen for Ewan last night! [She even washed a set of her son's PJs on Sunday so that Ewan can wear it for Monday night itself 多么有心啊] He loved the smell of both oils and was excited for me to start oiling him. We did just that as soon as we arrived home. He said, "Mmmmmmm I love this smell! 妹妹, you smell? So nice right?" It is the smell of 推拿 medication. *haha* Glad he likes it!

Not only does he have to suffer the pain from his broken collarbone, he has bad growing pains too that attack his feet and knees. We've been riding through cries in the middle of the nights for two years now. I hope this new oil will do better for him as opposed to Lavender which we've been using all these while!

As if the oils were not enough, she got him a game set which we played as soon as we got home! I actually enjoyed it a lot myself. It was so funny and Ewan's really good at guessing. He got every card right!




We had the family of Life's Tiny Miracles ringing our doorbell last evening with a tub of My Husk Life frozen coconut with the funniest note that made Ewan laughed till his tummy ached. I'm not a Mom who allows treats on a regular day but this is his sick treat and I gave him a bowl topped with chocolate chips this morning at 0900hrs. He went, "For Meeeeeeeee????? Awwwww! Really Really Mommy? Thank You Thank You Thank You Mommy! You are so kind!" I like to be appreciated like that *hehhee*



My Instagram and Facebook Family! Yes all of you who kept sending in your "Get Well Soon" greetings and sharing with me how to help ease Ewan's pain. I cannot thank you enough for the kindness we received! We had more than 200 comment exchanges on both portals! I haven't heard from any or many of you silent readers. This accident got all of you penning your love for us. Thank you so much. I do look forward to more interaction between us and especially to forge an inspirational mommy support group online.

One of your actually offered to make a trip to me today to loan me PJs!



My WhatsApp Support Chatgroups who stayed with with me over the weekend, encouraging and checking on us along the way. Mothers Unite, Frutti-Tuttis, Cousinly Catch-Ups and to every individual message that came in, you girls put a smile on my face every time. Thank you for always asking and always understanding.

Saving the best for last, The Family. The people who you will never forsake; the people who will never forsake you. Out of all four grandparents, only one was in Singapore when Ewan fell - my mother-in-law. She came forward to offer her help at every needing moment and even when I told her I would be cooking dinner instead of heading over to hers, she insisted on home delivery instead. I mean, she insisted she cooked and brought it over for us. Knowing Ewan loves Ikura [Nemo Eggs as he calls it], she went out to buy a packet just to top it up on his rice. *sigh* Love.

My dad, Pat and father-in-law were equally worried. It must be difficult for them since they were all overseas.

Thankful for the home-made greeting cards from Ewan's cousins and neighbour this evening! As if they had all planned, they all came at the same time! It really really really made him very happy. He was all smiles and welcomed them into the house. I pasted it up on the wall opposite his bedroom door. I bet he will receive a pleasant surprise tomorrow morning when he wakes up.


And then my husband. I wonder how many times in a day he opened that picture file of Ewan's X-Ray and zoomed in for a closer look. He kept going, "Saw the X-ray again. The fracture is so deep. Doesn't it look like it? You zoom in even more scary. Just keep telling him to be careful. I better don't think about it. Don't think about it. Hai..."

But thanking him in advance too because when he is back, I am going to make trips to the hair salon, manicurist, spa and my long-await Mommy-Only trip to Sri Lanka!

Thankful for little blessings that come our way. What more can I ask for? What more can Ewan ask for. Count your blessings after reading this Master Yang.


Like Us on Facebook if you enjoyed the read!
A stay at home mum, blogging to widen her social life. 
We want to echo the sound of love through our lives to inspire other mothers alike.

Comments

Popular Posts