My Childhood Relived with Disney On Ice

Media Invite

The last time I attended a Disney on Ice event, I was a child. Probably a couple of years older than Ewan. I remember vividly how my mother and I were guided to two rinkside seats and had private backstage access to meet Mickey and Minnie Mouse. It was a privileged invitation! My mother knew people and I benefited from her network. 

Today, my children benefit from mine and they had this wonderful opportunity to watch Dory, Buzz Lightyear and Simba perform an outstanding ice-skating musical before their eyes. On an opening night no less. 


Needless to say, the best seats in the house are on the rinkside because you get unobstructed view and Mickey is practically In Your Face! It is a make-shift First Row with regular plastic foldable chairs [unlike the retractable cushioned ones that the rest of us sat on]. There are only 100 rinkside seats per show and if you chose to purchase the Magical Moment Package at S$200 per person [available only on 17th of March 2017 at 1830 hours], your family will be entitled to:

- Priority Entrance Access
- Crowd-Free Merchandise Shopping from 1700 hrs
- VIP Lanyard and Poster
- Post Show Meet & Greet

Oh yes! You will get to meet your favourite stars, speak to them, hold their hands and bring home a dozen pictures! 

We didn't get that seat. My family were at the VIP Category, Row 3 to be exact. I must say, the experience was just as invigorating. We had Mickey in our faces too! Only obstructed by a few rows of heads [which is fine really]. The closer you are, the more involved you will feel. Well of course, my best advice is to take that front view head-on seats rather than those on the sides. 

My children had their eyes peeled on the stage, in awe! Why wouldn't they? It's their first time after all. 

I must give credit to the skaters for performing their Biellmann spins to perfection in their costumes! Especially the mascots who had to wear a full body suit! I have new-found respect for these actors. I have never wanted to bring my family to catch a Disney On Ice show because I knew they were just lip syncing. This mommy here is a huge fan of musicals and theatrical performances that project real voice in their acts. I just have a bad take on lip syncs - it's a personal preference.

When the critical me complained to my husband about how some actors over-dramatised certain acts and lip-synced certain words wrongly, he replied, "This is a performance for children! Just enjoy the show!" We agree that the overall experience was still exhilarating for every child at attendance. 


All said and done, I found myself singing at the top of my lungs to Part Of Your World and For The First Time In Forever! Oh my goodness, I actually screamed "OLAF! AHHHHH! OLAF!!!!!" when that comical snowman friend of Ana came sliding in to frame! 

Frozen hasn't been my favourite. I just felt like it's been overrated and everyone is throwing a Frozen birthday party or dressing up as Elsa. Then! When Ana started to skate and sing, and the snow came down and Elsa debut her Let It Go in front of hundreds of screaming fans, I actually went, "Awwww.." I sang along too. It was a good choice for a finale and I am sure everyone was waiting for it the whole time. 


It is a two hour show with a 15 minute interval in between. Audiences will be treated to Lion King, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Aladdin, The Little Mermaid, Rapunzel, Toy Story, Finding Dory and finally, Frozen. 

I felt like I have relived my childhood with tonight's opening show watching Mickey, Minnie, Donald and Goofy. They were there for me growing up and it was nice meeting them again. Disney magic brought out the child in every one of us. It brought the oldest grandmother in the house waving excitedly to the characters.

The Wonderful World of Disney On Ice will end on 19th of March 2017 with ten shows on hand. Buy Tickets online now before they are all gone!


Like Us on Facebook if you enjoyed the read!
A stay at home mum, blogging to widen her social life. 
We want to echo the sound of love through our lives to inspire other mothers alike.

Comments

Popular Posts