Children-Inspired Birthday Cake for Daddy

Your birthday was nearing and all I had in my head was, "Should Faye have an Origami or Miffy birthday party? Hmmm would Ewan like a Trolls birthday with wigs to go around?" I even had their baker booked! Who else but Cupplets. Seriously? Their birthdays are two months later! Why am I penning down little details of their birthdays when I don't even have a clue about what I should do for you whose birthday comes first?   

I get the Best Mom Award. 

But not exactly the Best Wife Award huh.

"Husband Before Children. Husband Before Children." It's a chant and I should look into the mirror every morning to remind me of that. It's not that I love you lesser. I would be nothing without you. But the children kick their demands in my face more than you do. With that, I spend all my time attending to them instead. 

Well Hubbilicious Meyer, I do try! I bring you to the doctor's when you are sick, I make you stop working late into the night for that extra hour of sleep and I bought you Three Legs Cooling Water to chase away your heatiness! *hahah* But okay I know, you need more. You need that fruits cut and packed for work, a bottle of lemon water made with love and probably a head massage. Who am I kidding. You want a Ford Focus RS which I cannot afford! 

But I give you the Best Husband Award.

So you deserve a birthday cake made with love.


Since Ewan and Faye comically put together their dream cake for you, I thought it would be wonderful to marry their contrasting ideas into one. Since I cannot bake for nuts, I had to turn to someone who can! No one else to do the job but Sam from Cupplets. When I sent her this video clip four days before your 36th Birthday, she laughed and said, "Come on down. I'll help the children." 


I didn't tell the children about our little after-school activity until the day of our private cake-making workshop with Sam [which was just yesterday]. Picked them up from school and whisked them to Cupplets at Ngee Ann Polytechnic where I told them a little bit of our love story. How we were classmates, the court you played basketball on, the hall where we played table-tennis throughout our schooling years and of course, Block 27/31 where we spent many hours writing programming codes.

They listened and I bet they will remember my little story whenever we drive past Ngee Ann Polytechnic from hereon.

Your cake is a tough cake to pull off. You see. Ewan insisted that you get a Chocolate Car Cake because well, you love chocolate and fast cars. He is right! But your daughter wants you to get a Strawberry Princess Cake *awwwww* so that she can indulge in it as if it was her birthday. With that, we made a three-layer chocolate watercolour cake with lots of strawberries in between! They chose the colours purple [Faye], red and blue [Ewan] for your cake's outer covering.

They were eager and excited; hitting off with Sam at Hello. Sam conducted this private class single-handedly for Ewan and Faye! She was amazing! I couldn't believe my eyes when she had Ewan under control. Thank you So So Very Much Sam for yesterday's in-house workshop!






They chose the cars and princesses they wanted as your cake topper and proceeded to cut them out. Pasting them on satay sticks and stuck them on top of your birthday cake. Ewan spread the butter They each took turns to sit on Sam's lap to sprinkle gold stars and confetti all around.

It was heart-warming watching the cake come together.


We couldn't keep this secret for long because Faye spilled the beans! She was given strawberries as after-dinner fruits and she blurted, "I made strawberry chocolate cake today!" Oh but you didn't hear it because you were on the phone. But she made me open our refrigerator and screamed pointing at that cake box, "Daddy! Look! I made you a Cake Today! Look!" Why of course Ewan chipped in about how he cut the cars and how he stole a bite even before covering the cake up with buttercream.

A beautiful memory to keep. Maybe not something you [or a man] would find sweet but this is our way of showing our appreciation to you.

Happy 36th Birthday Big Guy!


I am sorry work and MBA had taken a toll on you. You will be graduating soon so hang in there! We know that all that you do, it's for this family. Now now... you cannot own that ugly Ford Focus RS because #NoMoney but we can work towards it together lah. Hopefully, you will change your idea of your dream track car by then.

[because it's really very ugly!]


Like Us on Facebook if you enjoyed the read!
A stay at home mum, blogging to widen her social life. 
We want to echo the sound of love through our lives to inspire other mothers alike.

Comments

Popular Posts