Natural Mosquito Protection with PARA'KITO

Media Invite

I have always been a skeptic when it comes to mosquito repellents. To me [oh it's probably just me], I would rather my children get bitten than be slapped with unknown ingredients that make up a mosquito repellent. 

It was probably about three years ago when I visited a pre-school in our area for a site inspection [scouting for a suitable pre-school for Ewan then]. I stepped in at assembly time and every child in class were seated in clusters in a large room waiting for their teachers to bring them off to their respective classrooms. Lo and behold, the teachers started spraying and slapping on mosquito repellents on every kid. It was a standard operating procedure. Can you imagine the smell of that room if you were there? The word STRONG is an understatement. I felt dizzy-headed! I asked myself how mosquito-infested this school might be for them to take this step? I also questioned what harm will a daily application of mosquito repellent do to your body after five years of pre-schooling with them. Obviously, I dropped all consideration of that school.

Going on to their current pre-school, I suggested the teachers to let my children head out to play without any repellents. Just to see how susceptible they are to mosquito bites. Apparently, they get none the whole week without a repellent so I really am chill about not putting any on their delicate skin. Then came some high alert that our neighbourhood fell into the Dengue Alert [oh gosh! Zika too!] and I started scouting only for naturally-made repellents. I eventually learnt to make my own but laziness got in the way and I gave in to store-bought repellents - only if they were made with natural ingredients of course. Why? Because there is so much talk about DEET and its harmfulness [and harmlessness] that confuses me. 

"Yes! Children can safely be exposed to deet!" 
"NO! Deet is Not For Kids!" 

PARA'KITO [made in France] is one of my top choices for a natural mosquito protection. It means "Away From Us Mosquitoes" in French by the way and it had been tested against Aedes mosquitoes! With it, I felt safe since they use only botanically derivated active ingredients [PMD Rich Botanic Oil, Plant Fiber and Vitamin E] in their sprays which are safe for pregnant women and babies above six months of age. It is a gentle formula that is free from alcohol, preservatives, surfactant and parabens. The smell is pleasant and it almost felt like a cologne! Best of all, the bottle is made of 100% biosourced material from sugarcane. Perfect for the environmentally conscious me!

Our wastes are causing too much distress on our environment. It is time we look at supporting companies who are socially responsible for the businesses they run.


With out trusty bottle of spray lotion, we went on a Nature Trail one Sunday morning to fill our hearts with all that nature can give. Did we walk out with any mosquito bites? None!

It is easy to apply thanks to its micro-nebulization feature. A quick push with your finger and you'll get a beautiful even spray over your skin. For the face, simply spray on hands and then apply on the forehead and cheeks. I would not allow them to do so if it was not a natural product.



To take it a step further in testing out the PARA'KITO spray lotion, we entered the McRitchie Reservoir forest! Oh I read about the boardwalk which is an easier route for children and had no difficulty in locating it. It is a beautiful walk by the waters with signages that explain the birds and insects that reside in the area. We walked, read and talked about the purpose of a reservoir and wildlife. I would like to think it was a fruitful trip with no mosquito bites and a whole lot of opportunity to bond!

I cannot imagine if we were scratching our limbs and slapping mosquitoes while on our morning walk. 





Oh I still make my own natural essential oil based repellents at home but when they run out quicker than I can make, I turn to PARA'KITO. It seems like PARA'KITO spray lotion is here to stay!

Here is a look at  PARA'KITO's efficacy test. It is tested against Tiger Mosquitoes [Aedes albopictus] and promises a complete 8-hour protection time!


  And no, I do not believe in mosquito patches because I had two on me before and this damn mosquito was feeding on my blood right next to the patch!

Like Us on Facebook if you enjoyed the read!
A stay at home mum, blogging to widen her social life. 
We want to echo the sound of love through our lives to inspire other mothers alike.

Comments

Popular Posts