DISCOUNT CODE: Makeover at Kenjo Korean Hair Salon

I was born with natural curls. I could have a nice C curl on my left and an unruly S curl on my right. It is very frustrating. When I see girls with silky straight hair, I am always green with envy. My curls make me look rather untidy but everyone I know told me how they longed for my head of curly waves. They shared how they had to get their hair permed just to achieve that same look. I thought they were crazy! Oh we all know, the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.

When rebonding was in trend, hairdressers would recommend I did the same to "look different". Oh sure. I will be different from the usual me but I will look exactly the same as the next 10 girls at the bus stop. I politely declined and defiantly went with huge gigantic curls that gave me a luscious lion mane. A couple of years later when rebonding lost its fad, I rebonded and with bangs. It was the biggest regret of my life. I felt as if I've totally lost my identity and I loathed that reflection that stared back at me in the mirror. I blame inexperienced hair stylists who take on my requests without thinking if a particular hairstyle suits me. 

At Kenjo Korean Hair Salon, I leave my hair in the professional hands of Soobin (Master Hair Designer). I trust her so much that I never questioned any of her decisions because I've always walked out looking more confident than before. I consulted her about having bangs but she gave me a downright no. I asked if I could take a certain colour and she shook her head as well. It is important as a hair stylist to be able to visualise the end result on different face shapes, profile and demeanour. I am a mother of two young children and she was trying to successfully bring out that look for me without making me look like an underaged mom or one who is in her 40s (because I'm not!).  

Our last visit at the salon had her suggesting I go for the C curl! Why haven't I thought about the possibility of perming hair inwards to fulfil that neat yet chic look? I was jumping with joy and couldn't wait to see the end result! It was definitely highly anticipated because I was going to look as if I've got my hair blown (inwards) whenever I head out! C curl is Cool!


I was also worried it won't last and I'll have strands curling out before the week ended. Indeed, I had sprays of uncooperative naughty hair but nothing that cannot be solved with a quick blow dry with a hair brush. What they did for me was called a Mucota Omega Oil Therapy Perm. It helps to achieve a smooth after-effect that could never be obtained with ordinary straightening process. It Contains 7 essential oil to protect against heating elements, moisture retention technology, hair reconstruction for damaged/ dry hair and able to rescue frizzy hair. 

We've got the children's hair covered by Kenjo as well. Ewan did his perm with them back in August  (2 months ago) and it was a big hit! Everyone had to stop to talk to us and his hair naturally became the topic with strangers. To be honest, I was afraid that chemicals will seep through his scalp. After all, he is only a child. I wouldn't want him to suffer from any kind of chemical burning or end up with a bad allergy. Yet, the other part of me wanted to see how a curly haired boy might look like. We arrived at the salon thinking it'll just be another haircut but when Soobin suggested a perm for Ewan, I had to consult the daddy. So, looking at Ewan's full head of curls today, you'd have guessed our decision. It had since grew out quite quickly and he desperately needed a trim. We returned for a maintenance session. As usual, he was a star on the barber's chair. I am thankful he had always been easy-going when it comes to haircuts. For the records, he sat on the chair for two full hours for the perm. I even fed him lunch over his hair makeover.


I wasn't sure about Faye though because she had never gone for one since she was born. We took the chance to let Soobin work on Faye's hair and I was crossing my fingers that my little feisty girl will be able to sit through it. We were so surprised that she was as calm as a cat! She sat there looking at her reflections and observing her hair getting snipped. It was as if she knew she will be walking out looking pretty after it all! What a girly girl! Vain *nods* that's the word. I'm glad she enjoyed it really and didn't give Soobin a tough time trying to get her hair a good cut.


With 2015 coming to a close and Christmas round the corner, it was time for a family shoot at The Studio Loft. The hair salon offered me to try out their make-up service (aha! You didn't know they provide make-up services as well did you?) and sent young Amaryllis to my home for a makeover. She was absolutely professional and worked to give me flawless skin that morning without me looking as if I was slapped with too much foundation. I had Faye climbing onto me and asking to be nursed while we did our make-up but that didn't cause any uneasy commotion between Amaryllis and myself. She stepped on it, racing against time and made me all ready for our appointment at the studio. Makeover services cost S$120 at the salon and an additional charge of S$30 for home visits. Not only do they provide makeovers for photography, clients can also choose Bridal, ROM, Bridesmaid or Dinner and Dance make-up services.


Here's sharing our Christmas photoshoot with The Studio Loft and we look so good thanks to Kenjo Korean Hair Salon:


Read Also:
24 June 2015 - Kenjo Hair Salon

Contact:
68 Orchard Road, #04-72, Plaza Singapura (New Wing), Singapore 238839
Phone: 6238 8083


Deal:

Quote "LIANG MAY" when making an appointment to receive 15% off your hair and makeover services. Ends 29 February 2016.

Boys' cut available at S$20
Girls' cut available at S$30

About the Hair Stylist:







Like Us on Facebook if you enjoyed the read!
A stay at home mum, blogging to widen her social life. 
We want to echo the sound of love through our lives to inspire other mothers alike.


Comments

  1. You've such a photogenic family!! :) Can't wait to see the rest of the family photoshoot pix from Studio Loft.

    Ai @ Sakura Haruka

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts