An Atypical Morning Before School

Every schooling morning, Daddy's job is to prepare breakfast, fill water bottles and prepare snack boxes. My job as mommy is to chase the kids out of their bed and have them ready with verbal cues. Of course auditory instructions do not get through on its first attempt. It turns into a nag. Then I'll quickly braid Faye's hair and draw snack box notes before continuing with the nagging to "Stop Reading! Go Shower!" or "Did You Wash Your Face?" or "Stop Reading. Eat!" or "Can You Please Change?" or "Wear Your Socks Wear Your Socks Wear Your Socks." or "Keep Your Beyblades." and you get the drill. 

Talking about hair-braiding Faye Faye, you must know that you are so fortunate I am awake every day to tie your hair. I have no idea how to braid because I never had my hair braided as a child. I learnt for you. My parents do not wake up before the sunrise to get me ready for school. I do not see them until they return home from work after dinner. My helper does everything [and today is her Birthday! Read: My Maid is My Mother]. She just ties my hair into a ponytail and off I go. I remember being envious of my girlfriends who had their hair tied prettily in braids at school. Aren't you lucky your parents are both awake for you children and even have the whole family [Gypsie included] send you to school every morning?


Anyhoos! This morning, I had to enlist help from Daddy after his Food Prep because Ewan's experimental iron-on name tag dropped off. I had to sew it back quickly. Last shirt standing for the week!

So daddy helped Faye out of the shower and into her uniform. While sewing, I heard them arguing in the room.

Faye: No Daddy! Oh my gosh! This is the BACK!

Dad: Huh? What do you mean? Of course the zip and hook is in the front what. That is how we wear our pants!

Faye: No! The zip and hook are at the back.

Dad: Weird. How you girls zip and hook behind your back. Buttons and Zips are suppose to be in front. 

I couldn't help but let out a laugh in between thread pulls! Daddy was helping Faye wear her school uniform and had her skirt worn back to front! This is his first time wearing a skirt for her and he did it the only way he knew how - The Men's Way. 

This jolted back a memory from long time ago when he wore Faye's pretty top back to front too. There were two buttons at the top of her shirt which was meant to be for the back. He wore it with the buttons exposing in front and went, "Huh? My shirts have buttons on the front. What's wrong with women's clothes!"

It's so funny but why can't we say, "What's wrong with men's clothes!?" *hahahah* But true that it is more practical to button buttons where you can see them and not twist your hands and fingers in an awkward position to get them fastened. 

Thankfully, we got everything straightened out by 0700 hours and quickly left home for school with Gyps in tow. QUICKLY! Because Faye decided she doesn't want daddy's breakfast nor snack box. We had to hurry to the coffee shop to get her fresh 包 and cranberry bread for her breakfast and snack box! Sometimes, she throws us curveballs like that *nods nods* and we indulge because I'd rather she ate something than nothing in the morning. 


An Atypical Morning Before School.

Like Us on Facebook if you enjoyed the read!
A stay at home mum, blogging to widen her social life. 
We want to echo the sound of love through our lives to inspire other mothers alike.

Comments

  1. Terrific work! This is the type of information that should be shared around the web. Shame on Google for not positioning this post higher! Come on over and visit my site . Thanks =) drone aerial photography mapping

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts