Love from the Kids to Stormtrooper Pa Pa

A bad landing on his driving foot and he is done for. Papa just bought a new car with a big boot for Gypsie to sit in. He was looking forward to the new ride but who would have thought. On the third day of acquiring his new car, he wouldn't be able to drive for the next four months or so. It killed him! But that's not all that made him visibly upset. He now won't be able to help with the household chores, pack snack boxes for his children, bring Gypsie on walks, go roller-blading with Ewan, cook with Faye...

But let's look at it from a different perspective shall we? Silver linings! Life is good. There must be silver linings and I saw so many. For the purpose of this post, I'll just share one. 

Love From His Children.

I love Faye's very innocent but powerful question to her papa when he was frustrated from being immobile, "Why can't you accept help?" She had been bringing him coffee, breakfast and helping out with Gypsie whenever she can. Faye probably felt she could be a good asset for the family when daddy's down and she had been. Puzzled while in her shower of her father's exasperation, she came out asking him that rhetorical question. I had to applaud my six year old for her thought process and boldness.

Papa fractured his foot 20 days ago. 

Ewan saw him suffering in agony after his surgery and told him, "I wished I didn't say I want to go Parkour. Then you will not go and end up like this. I wish I could turn back time."

He was hospitalised for 9 days inclusive of a surgery to put plates and screws into him. He came home with a Stormtrooper boot.

Daddy was excited to see Ewan, Faye and Gypsie at home on the day of discharge. Alas, he didn't get as grand of a welcome as he had expected from his girls. 

We left the hospital and went straight to pick Faye from school. She opened the car door and saw her daddy, "Oh. Hi." was all she managed. I choked on her cool as cucumber reaction! 

Straight to home from school and we were greeted by Gypsie jumping all over me instead! Wrong girl Wrong! You should be going crazy over daddy after so many days of absence but she was definitely my little girl. Daddy called out to her excitedly but still, no reaction from her either. Not until he sat down on the floor did she climb all over him licking him away. 

Why are my girls so frosty?

Oh but there is love alright. The showiness of love from his girls needed time. It needed a catalyst too and that is Ewan. 

Our son asked me at school pick-up if daddy can be discharged already. I told him, "Not yet". Well, daddy was home already but I wanted to witness his reaction. I know it will be massive. I just didn't know how big. 

Oh gosh. The Scream! That Very Long Never-Want-To-Ever-Let-Go Hug! Those Tears of Joy when he saw his papa. Daddy laughed, "Kor Kor gave me the best welcome! Missed me so much." Awwww I'm so glad they've got this relationship between them. 

Catalyst-Ewan started it and then the rest followed. Faye requested to draw on daddy's walking boot and she penned all the sweet nothings for her father. They both started penning and I love Ewan's "Best Father Ever" and Faye's "Do You Know I Love You?". His children got his back. This must be the fruit of his labour [love from his kids] for spending all his available time with them since the they day were born.

Mmmm maybe I should make my mark too on his boot! 

Oh wait. I did make my mark. I cooked a Welcome Home IKEA-inspired vegan dinner for him. Yipee to plant-based options in IKEA! 


Like Us on Facebook if you enjoyed the read!
A stay at home mum, blogging to widen her social life. 
We want to echo the sound of love through our lives to inspire other mothers alike.

Comments

  1. I really want to thank Dr Emu for saving my marriage. My wife really treated me badly and left home for almost 3 month this got me sick and confused. Then I told my friend about how my wife has changed towards me then she told me to contact Dr Emu that he will help me bring back my wife and change her back to a good woman. I never believed in all this but I gave it a try. Dr Emu casted a spell of return of love on her, and my wife came back home for forgiveness and today we are happy again. If you are going through any relationship stress or you want back your Ex or Divorce husband you can contact his whatsapp +2347012841542 or email emutemple@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts