Gypsie is Family, never a Burden

Ewan cried last night in bed. He said we shouldn’t have gotten Gypsie. The reason being, if we didn’t, then Aunty Dora doesn’t have to keep coming over to our place to help out and Mommy won’t have to keep cleaning pee and poo. It’ll be one chore less during this period when daddy is hospitalised for his broken foot. 

He loves Gypsie and he vies for her attention every day! Yet, he feels sorry for me [all of us] when he sees me tired. 

It was a trying evening for me and he saw it.

Where do I begin: 

Faye and I came from from visiting daddy at the hospital and I told her to hit the shower immediately. But upon seeing her brother watching cartoons, it took me a little bit more effort to get her into the shower. I cooked dinner because it is important to eat proper meals. Yet, not exactly smooth-sailing. Faye didn't want to eat. Well of course, she didn't have a choice! midway through our dinner, Gypsie wanted to go out and so I brought her for a walk in case she wanted to pee and poo. Hmmm.. she did not poo though and walked home instead. Ok! Continue with my din din. I came to realise that Gypsie wasn't sitting with us at the dining room. Where did she go? She found a cockroach in Faye’s room! I had to manouver her out and killed that disgusting pest. Before this, Faye found a cockroach in our toilet I had to kill it too! I do not like them and it is usually daddy's job. But daddy isn't home. I went back to my dinner. Gypsie went "missing" again. I found her eating her poop in the patio! I was almost angry by this time but cleaned her and her poop up instead. What do I do? Cry bloody murder? It started to rain. So we closed the door to the patio. Gypsie already peed. It can’t be she want to pee again when she sat by the door. Now guess what. She peed on our carpet! Oh this time I got mad. I beat her backside and she looked so sorry. Scrubbed the daylights out of the carpet with soap, washed the dishes and cleaned the table. Work at home isn't done yet! There were still Gypsie Bathe Time. I wiped her down, brushed her coat, brushed her teeth and spritz her before calling it a day. That two hours felt like five! 

Ewan felt bad watching all these. The reason why he cried. 

I told him that Gyps IS family and these are all just small troubles. Just like when they were babies or even now, they give us little troubles here and there too but we are family and we are happy to be here for them. There will be complains but there are no burdens. 


This sweet child of mine added, “You don’t have to feed Gypsie tomorrow morning. What time is her breakfast? 7am? I will feed but I can’t clean pee and poo how?” 

He came up with a bright idea, “妹妹, you be the poo poo ad pee pee watcher. If Gypsie poos, you bring her into the house and close the door. Mommy cleans after.” *Haha* Of course Faye did not agree. 

The kids made a plan for me for my Friday and it seemed like something out of this world: 


Those words from Ewan and Faye were energy-boosting enough to keep me going. In this life, I was loved by you. 

With Gyps, I felt sorry for scolding her. I treat her so much like my third child and not just a dog. She is so much a part of us. After I was done with dish-washing, I hugged her and told her I am sorry for getting so mad. It was a miscommunication and she did put her point across about needing to pee by sitting next to the door. She tried to listen to me with her eyes wide opened but she was exhausted by 7.30pm [same bedtime as my kiddos]. As I spoke, she fluttered her eyes shut like those videos you seen of sleepy babies nodding away and went into doggy slumber.



Like Us on Facebook if you enjoyed the read!
A stay at home mum, blogging to widen her social life. 
We want to echo the sound of love through our lives to inspire other mothers alike.

Comments

  1. I really want to thank Dr Emu for saving my marriage. My wife really treated me badly and left home for almost 3 month this got me sick and confused. Then I told my friend about how my wife has changed towards me then she told me to contact Dr Emu that he will help me bring back my wife and change her back to a good woman. I never believed in all this but I gave it a try. Dr Emu casted a spell of return of love on her, and my wife came back home for forgiveness and today we are happy again. If you are going through any relationship stress or you want back your Ex or Divorce husband you can contact his whatsapp +2347012841542 or email emutemple@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts