Family Portraits by FayeDiddleDoodle

Faye has completed two out of five Family Portraits at her art school and I cannot wait to see if she will have the opportunity to paint a portrait each for Daddy, her brother and Gypsie!

These portraits are separate art projects in her regular class. She had been tinkering with colours at Da Little Art School since she was three! Both these pieces were completed by her as a six year old.


SELF-PORTRAIT

September 2020

She painted a self-portrait and I absolutely adore it. It wasn't just a canvas painting but a mixture of different mediums like plastic and drawing paper were used to create this look. To be able to come up with these inspiring ideas week after week for our children, her art teachers must be such a creative bunch! It has been seven months since we brought this self-portrait home and we had been neglecting it together with her canvas pile of paintings in her room. 

Although I had them preserved into a timeless keepsake art book with the help of Artispique [code "APQxMay10" for 10% off], some of these hard copies are a sin to be dumped into the trash. Mommy, the sentimental, has to do all she can to store them safely away. I'm sure Faye will appreciate it when she becomes a mommy herself as she take them all out from her treasure chest to inspire her own children. 


A PORTRAIT OF MOM

April 2021 

Faye wrote “It’s almost Mother’s Day and we are doing this artwork of my mummy. I didn’t know what colour to give mummy’s hair. So, I put mummy’s hair rainbow in colour. 哥哥 took a long time to take the picture so I yawn! My mummy love’s my artwork very much.” 

I let out the heartiest laughter when I saw my daughter coloured in the prettiest streaks of rainbow for my hair! I think she secretly wished I was a Unicorn or Rainbow Dash! Awww this girl. It was so cute to imagine what transpired in her head while painting this. Faye decided I should have bigger eyes on one quadrant and even put red lipstick on me! I was very excited to see what comes out of this art project and waited patiently for completion day to arrive. 

Some art pieces are just meant to be kept forever and this one’s one of them. She spent two lessons to conclude this part photo, part painting, part shading + cross hatching, part colour penciling ME! 

Faye’s rendition of Mom had won her a permanent spot on my Instagram profile picture. I’ve got her art teacher to thank. The best gifts in life don’t cost much.

How is it that she could draw me out to look exactly like I was in the photograph I submitted to the school? Her teacher taught them how to Carbon Copy photographs to canvas using shading! That's why the silhouette is perfect to begin with. The rest are the artist's own impression. 


A PORTRAIT OF DAD

June 2021 

Happy (10 days early) Father’s Day! 
I wish you happiness. 
I like you to help me open the milk bottle and dry me after I shower. 
You know we have some same features? Our skin and nose are the same. 
I think your Father’s Day artwork is hardier than mom’s to do because the technique to draw the lines is so confusing. 
Do you like your portrait? 

Love, Faye 
……………………. 

Dear Faye attended two zoom art classes with her art school during this Heightened Phase when it was closed. Using that two lessons, she completed a portrait of her father and presented to him as a gift! I personally appreciate such presents a lot more than the those we pick out from a retail store. More heart and more love into this one although it looks like daddy has a robot eye *haha* I was with her the whole time and I too find daddy’s eye a little hard to draw! Because of his eye bags! *haha* I got confused too. 

While Faye wishes daddy Happiness, I wish daddy gets to sleep more. He wakes up in the middle of the night when Gypsie wants to drink water, when Ewan has his growing pains, when Faye [hmmm Faye doesn’t wake up in the middle of the night] and when mommy goes to the toilet. It is a curse to be a light-sleeper *poor daddy*” 



I am looking forward to update this blog post with portraits of the rest of our family when Faye gets a chance in one of her future art class projects! We need to complete this family portrait collection!

Like Us on Facebook if you enjoyed the read!
A stay at home mum, blogging to widen her social life. 
We want to echo the sound of love through our lives to inspire other mothers alike.

Comments

  1. Congratulation for the great post. Those who come to read your Information will find lots of helpful and informative tips. Building and Pest Report Sydney

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts