妈妈, 十年了

十年

My mother’s last birthday in 2011 was at Salt Grill & Sky Bar. Who would have thought she’d choose to pull the plug voluntarily two months later because life was too tiring and painful to continue after 7 years of battling cancer. 

It has been ten years since she passed and she was gone too soon at 59. Yet, it was a relief for everyone including herself.

I told Ewan and Faye if their 婆婆 was still around, they would probably be having cake and sweets for lunch because she has a sweet-tooth like them too. They both groaned, “So Gooooooooooooddddddddd?”

They have never met her. 

I remember how my mother would launch her fashion collection in hotel cafes over high-tea sessions so that she can enjoy her sweets and coffee with her lady shoppers. I would sit at a table, stirring her coffee and watch her fashion show unfold with models strutting the floor. Looking back, she actually has great marketing ideas to sell her designs didn’t she? While benefitting sales and her own sweet-tooth needs *haha* 

Mommy wearing what she designed. Me, at a ballet concert performing Little Bo-Peep.

I heard this song many years ago and it feels so close to heart. I never got to see her 黑发变成白发 but fortunately, what I’ve got was time with her even though the last years were draining on all ends for everyone at home. [Due to copyright issues, I cannot play the original song in my Instagram post. Mute it if you don’t want goosebumps hearing me sing!] 

This “去吧去吧 跟著心去吧” is like something she would say to me. 

你說得輕鬆我的腳步卻重了 

終於回家 看見你了 

卻發現夢想不能換回時間 

最好的 錯過了 

The only thing is, when I go home, she is no longer there. But that’s ok. What’s not here in being, is still here in our hearts. 人生還是要向前走. 

Life is only one very short journey. In a blink of an eye, we are already in mid-life ourselves. Can we all learn how to let go of pride for the family who are slowing withering? There is so much forgiveness to go around for many of us and with forgiveness, I understand that peace follows. 

For one, we won’t have to 錯過 “只怕不夠時間看你的黑髮變成白髮”. 

I guess human 人啊. Just like my children. I tell them all the time, when they visit their grandparents, the time spent should be spent together and not going into a corner playing game or reading a book because hey… priorities. 

But 人啊. 

We like to learn it the hard way.


Like Us on Facebook if you enjoyed the read!
A stay at home mum, blogging to widen her social life. 
We want to echo the sound of love through our lives to inspire other mothers alike.

Comments

  1. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts