A Person Is Not Ready To Live Until He Is Ready To Die

I'm not Christian but I read Salt&Light, an online Christian platform, for some of its inspiring and relatable reads. 

I like this one about "I have come to understand the truth of the cliché: “A person is not ready to live until he is ready to die.”" in one of its articles. 

Truth be told, I remember my dad [公公] imparting this wisdom to me when I was kid. I was sharing how I will not want to go on a trip on a particular airline because reports kept coming up about it crashing/gone missing one too many times. 

Dad told me I will not be living a fruitful life if I don't take risk. What's the odds of dying in a plane crash as opposed to crossing the road? What if I flew, lived and gained a lot more? What's life if we keep ourselves holed up because of fear? 

This is basically, 

"What if I fall?" 

"But what if you fly?" 

So when I asked him if he was going to get his COVID-19 vaccine because the elderlies fear the unknown [I wasn't even sure if I was going to take it for myself!], he said yes he is gonna. That is why he is writing his will and preparing for any minute possibility that the vaccine reaction might go south on him; just to be responsible. 

Because hey! What's life without reasonable risks? Without a vaccine, we won't be able to skydive in Hawaii or race down the Autobahn at 200km/h. Okay, I am not shallow. This isn't just about Travels. 

Mommy has lived for 39 years. She has been imparted wisdom from many people ever since she was little. My experiences shaped me and are still doing its work. I wonder if I have more years behind me than ahead. 

Is the world dark children? 

Sure. 

But there's light. There is so much light. 

You just have to open your eyes and look. 

You must know mommy has feared many times in my life. Especially over COVID-19, I fear for the people around me falling terribly sick [I fear for myself falling sick]. The decisions I made at the start of COVID-19 was out of Fear but later, they revolved around Responsibility. Then, I succumbed to general consensus and now, just doing my part. 

I have no answer to whether this COVID-19 vaccination will be detrimental to our healths or if it will do us good but when your daddy says it is for the greater good, it is for the greater good. 

There is so much light. I opened my eyes and I looked. Living isn't just about the number of years. You may not understand this the first time you read this but when you revisit again in another decade or two, you will probably be able to sieve out the wisdom. 

We love you Ewan and Faye. 

Imparting wisdom from your ancestors to you. 

Remember, 

"What if I fall?" 

"But what if you fly?" 

Like Us on Facebook if you enjoyed the read!
A stay at home mum, blogging to widen her social life. 
We want to echo the sound of love through our lives to inspire other mothers alike.

Comments

  1. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts