Back To School after Circuit Breaker

Circuit Breaker has been lifted! Oh but not all at once. Singapore is turning on one switch at a time and working hard to not trip the circuit breaker with Phase 1.

Phase 1 requires the return of students to school. There are two camps to this decision - (1) It's too soon and (2) YAY!

Faye was on the (1) It's too soon camp and although I had her school bag packed, uniform ironed, hair clips picked, masks and sanitisers sorted, she threw us a curveball the night before school. She was apprehensive. I believe she was also feeling insecure with Ewan starting school only a week later. We were assuring her that school would have proper procedures to keep the kids safe but she was still not convinced. She added, "Actually, I don't have to go to school. How about I go to school only in Primary One?"

I laughed in disbelief at this little girl's decisiveness. I stole a glance at daddy and daddy said, "I'm fine. She can decide."

She pontang-ed school for a week and stayed home with us while her brother "went to school" via Home-Based Learning.

Late into the week, Faye turned excited, “I am ready for school! I wasn’t ready then but I’m ready now. It’s like First Day of School but it isn’t you know? It is called BACK TO SCHOOL!”

We will have our first weird quiet morning from tomorrow!

But before that, everything has to be prepared before the new school term starts.

FACE MASKS
More masks to prepare for the opening of school. I decided that, like school uniforms, the kids should have one mask per day to spare me from the daily washing. I'm just gonna wash them all by the weekend in one big dirty batch! They say you can tell a smile or a grin or a growl from the eyes. Can you here?



BREAKFAST PLANS
Ewan's easy. Breakfast is his favourite meal of the day and he eats like two breakfasts in a morning on some days.

Faye, on the other hand, hasn’t been much of a breakfast person. We do not usually have enough time to cajole her to eat in the mornings and she has her breakfast at school during snack break. She told us to pack her a snack box from now on because in her words, “COVID mama. Maybe I shouldn’t eat the food prepared in school.” Her dad and I nearly pengsan. So much headache to feed this fussy pot! How can we do this? What do we pack?

So early this morning [the morning before school starts], I got her to sit with me to do up a Breakfast and Snack Box plan she would agree to. Consensus from her is super important if we don’t want to get into morning tantrums.

She sounds happy with this plan!



LOVE NOTES 
I noticed that snack box notes are very much welcomed by the kids. Ewan enjoys the jokes and he definitely needs words of encouragement by 12pm in school. Faye told me before that she looks forward to notes more than the food in her box! I’ve included a “SURPRISE! Let us have Potato Chips after lunch today!“ for this Friday’s snack box note. I think they are going to scream in class *haha*

I hope I can keep up with new riddles and encouragement after this stack is fully utilised! Definitely going to rotate them between the two kiddos.



HOME TIME-TABLE 
We also love a good structure. Our Circuit Breaker Time-Table has been replaced by a new Time-Table this term. I was never one who grew up with a time-table. Life is free-styled and I’ve never thought I’d do this for my kids. But I tried it on them and never looked back.

They are so much more compliant and easier to manage. Most importantly, it’s because they were the ones who came up with the plan knowing mommy would still want to include Revisions thrice a week because they are tuition-free. While they agree to mine, I had to agree to theirs!

Weekends are strictly dedicated to PLAY. I am loving this age-group for that matter and I wonder if we can continue to keep weekends free from academic enrichments [whether tuition or self-taught] in upper primary.


Looks like we are all ready for the new school term!

And I'm already missing their company. Thank goodness daddy will still be working from home! My source of human interaction.

[After School Edit] ::
I received the greatest compliment this morning on the second day of school re-opening [actually you first said it right after coming home from school aww] from you kids, “I don’t want to go to school anymore. Can you just teach me at home?” My head swelled with pride. Thank you for validating my efforts with you during FHBL.

A problem comes with this though: it’s making it much harder for me to get you kiddos ready for school and that’s no fun!

Love You Rascals Nonetheless But Spare Me In The Mornings Please Because I’m Not A Morning Person, Mommy.
A stay at home mum, blogging to widen her social life. 
We want to echo the sound of love through our lives to inspire other mothers alike.

Comments

  1. Interesting Article. Hoping that you will continue posting an article having a useful information. Babysitter Jobs

    ReplyDelete
  2. After being in relationship with Wilson for seven years,he broke up with me, I did everything possible to bring him back but all was in vain, I wanted him back so much because of the love I have for him, I begged him with everything, I made promises but he refused. I explained my problem to someone online and she suggested that I should contact a spell caster that could help me cast a spell to bring him back but I am the type that don’t believed in spell, I had no choice than to try it, I meant a spell caster called Dr Zuma zuk and I email him, and he told me there was no problem that everything will be okay before three days, that my ex will return to me before three days, he cast the spell and surprisingly in the second day, it was around 4pm. My ex called me, I was so surprised, I answered the call and all he said was that he was so sorry for everything that happened, that he wanted me to return to him, that he loves me so much. I was so happy and went to him, that was how we started living together happily again. Since then, I have made promise that anybody I know that have a relationship problem, I would be of help to such person by referring him or her to the only real and powerful spell caster who helped me with my own problem and who is different from all the fake ones out there. Anybody could need the help of the spell caster, his email: spiritualherbalisthealing@gmail.com or call him +2348105150446 you can email him if you need his assistance in your relationship or anything. CONTACT HIM NOW FOR SOLUTION TO ALL YOUR PROBLEMS’

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want the world to know a great man that is well known as LORD AGUMA, he has the perfect solution to relationship issues and marriage problems, The main reason why i went to LORD AGUMA was for solution on how i can get my husband back because in recent times i have read some testimonies on the internet which some people has written about LORD AGUMA and i was so pleased and i decided to seek for assistance from him, he did a perfect job by casting a spell on my husband which made him to come back to me and beg for forgiveness, I will not stop publishing his name on the net because of the good work. I will drop his contact for the usefulness of those that needs his help, His Email: lordagumamagicspellcaster@gmail.com or WhatsApp +393510423189, https://lordagumamagicspel.wixsite.com/home-of-solution, You can contact him today and get your problem solved.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello everyone am here to testify on how my husband left me 3 years of our marriage, The most painful part is that I was pregnant with our first baby, I actually thought it was over between us and I have lost him, I did everything possible within my powers to bring him back but all was in vain, I wanted him back so badly because of the love I had for him, I pleaded with him I made promises but he refuses, i decided to tell my friend and I explained my problem to her and she suggested that I should rather contact a spell caster that could help me cast a spell to bring him back, I had no choice rather than to give it a try I messaged the spell caster called Dr Fayosa, and he assured me there was no problem and that everything will be fine before 48 hours, He cast the spell and surprisingly in 48 hours later my husband called me and apologized for everything he did and promised to love me and fight for our love, I was so surprised he called me and he said he was so sorry for everything that had happened and he wanted me to return to him, I was so happy and went to him that was how we started living together happily again, thanks to Dr Fayosa am advising everyone on the same problem contact Dr Fayosa Email address is (Fayosasolusionhome@gmail.com) or directly on whats-app +2348151918774

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm 61 years old. I contracted HPV in 2011' I has be taking lot treatment for it and embarrassed some months ago the wart stated coming out seriously, I used lot recommendation because there was lot warts around my anus and was so . but today I'm totally happy I got the virus eliminated by using natural treatment from Dr voodoo herbal center after his treatment I got cured. all the warts went away' seriously believed Dr. voodoo he have the cure for human papillomavirus because he has eliminated hpv been in my body since 2011, Dr. voodoo make it possible for me. Here is Dr. voodoo email: voodoospelltemple66@gmail.com or WhatsApp him via +2348140120719 he is welled capable of curing terrible diseases.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts