S[he] Loves Me More Than Life Itself

she. This lil’ she. She loves me more than life itself. How nice it is to be able to say this not from a mom's perspective but from a child to her mama.

I know because she cannot bear to sleep through the night without me. She will totter from her brother's bedroom to mine every single night. A bad habit but one so loving. She will squeeze me to the edge of the bed, burying her head into my neck. Sometimes I know when she's over. Sometimes I don't. On days I don't and thought she hadn't come, I will always find her next to me when I open my eyes.


She recently told me that she loves me 1 thousand 100 1 thousand 100 and 78 *haha* don’t ask me how that 78 came about! It just did. It's a number she thinks is important enough to be mentioned. If 78 is important to her, then 78 is important to me. 

I was reading my emails in her bed one night when she came looking for me. She shuddered. You know how love can make our hair stand? “Awwwww... mommy. Just look at you. I love you so much I can’t bear to leave you to go brush my teeth!” *hahaha* she ran over to hug me with a light gentle peck on my cheek. She attempted twice more to "leave me" for the bathroom but each time, she went, "Awwww... mommy."  That smile, those eyes... I saw love radiating from her. That love coming straight towards me. I... as a mom, that is so comforting.


Don't get me wrong. I didn't ever not cane or reprimand her big time. I do that and sometimes I get angry irrationally. I am apologetic for the screams I project on bad days and I am always afraid they would love me one point less because of that. I am scared by doing so, I'd be pushing them a step further away from me. 

I think she secretly enjoys mommying me too. 

Tonight at bedtime, I told her to never stop loving me. Not even in her teens when moms are seen as control freaks; when I do the same to her. Not when I stalk her on her dates [I'm just saying. Not that I will!]. Not when I cross the line caring for her baby because I love them too much to leave them alone. Not ever! 

She laughed, “Why will you be sad if I stop loving you? I think you will cry so much until the house is flooded right?” Yes. That’s right Faye. I will cry so much if you ever stopped loving me.



----------------------

He Loves Me More Than Life Itself

he. My lil’ he. Ewan loves me more than life itself too. I know because tonight, he randomly whispered in my ear at bedtime, "I teared a little mom. I teared because during Christmas..."

Christmas? Chinese New Year is round the corner and he's talking about Christmas?

"Christmas... you bought 妹妹 a Frozen water bottle but she received a Frozen II water bottle from someone else and chose to use it instead. She wasted your money and effort." he sobbed.

Awww baby boy. "Oh that's okay 哥哥. Don't be sad? The Frozen II water bottle will get dirty or spoilt one day and we will have to change it out. We will change it to the Frozen water bottle I got her for Christmas. So it wouldn't be wasted ya?"

I am holding all these love [tightly] in my heart.

Like Us on Facebook if you enjoyed the read!
A stay at home mum, blogging to widen her social life. 
We want to echo the sound of love through our lives to inspire other mothers alike.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts