The Making of #mmlittle家 - Faye's Room Transformation

Faye will be celebrating her birthday this week and I haven't really thought about what present to get her. After transforming her bedroom to playroom, I decided that this shall be her birthday present. In the colour I do not like; in her favourite colour Pink.

She slept in her room less than a month in total and insisted that she doesn't like it. I couldn't believe my ears when she told me she didn't like her bedroom! I put the most effort in her room as compared to the rest of the house. So it was a tad disappointing she'd rather sleep in Ewan's room instead [but of course it was heartwarming she wants to sleep with her brother]. This bedroom of hers became redundant. 

A friend commented when she visited, “Wow Faye! Your bedroom is so pretty!” and she responded, “Oh I don’t sleep here. I just use this room to change clothes.” 

Oh my goodness! This is her personal walk-in wardrobe? *haha* That was when I decided to make this room useful again. A swing. A baby’s cot. A stroller and a picnic table with white picket fence cleverly conceived when I put up her bed slat and realised it looked like a pretty decent fence! Her dad asked me where can I store that bed slat because we are running out of space. I told him I honestly do not know but we cannot throw it away because one day, she might want to have her own bedroom again. So this accidental styling was perfect. 

She should love this!



When I shared my idea of making her entire room a playroom, upstairs and downstairs, her eyes brightened. I bet she had a million things going on in her mind. Faye suggested I put together a hospital for her where she can play doctor. That sounded very clinical and I don't know how to make a hospital bed look beautiful *haha* Do you?

She has more than enough patients with her soft toys and baby dolls. What's missing are bed, doctor's table and equipments. That's when I decided a baby cot and stroller with a picnic table would look a lot more softer. I didn't tell her what I was going to do. It's always a surprise. 

This is just level 1 of her playroom! She's got a level 2 which houses her kitchen, library and doll houses. Awwww... what a fortunate little girl. No lack of pretty spaces for imaginative play.

Faye decided she wants to have a pool party for her fifth birthday but everyone has to go into her playroom to cut her cake. She's got it all planned in her head. 

Here's sharing where we got all our furniture, finishings and accessories from:
Crochet Floor Mat - Living DNA
Sheep Skin Rug - IKEA
Kid Chair - IKEA
Baby Blanket - Le Petit Society
Toy Baby Cot - Deer Industries
Toy Pram - 3LittlePicks
Faux Plants - 3LittlePicks
Champagne Canopy - 3LittlePicks
Star Garland - 3LittlePicks
Cloud Table [Large] - 3LittlePicks
Golden Cloud Hanger - 3LittlePicks
Feather Crown - 3LittlePicks
PLAY Poster - 3LittlePicks
Wallpaper - Robin Sprong Wallpaper
Wallpaper Printer and Installer - LayerPlay Design


DISCOUNT CODE
Enjoy 12%off your shopping at 3LittlePicks with code
"MAY3LP"

Applicable for all items even those in Sale but not applicable for products under Clearance and As-Is

Read Also:
RENOVATIONS
MOOD BOARD
EWAN'S ROOM
FAYE'S ROOM
FAYE'S HOUSE BED
FAYE'S WALL MURAL
MASTER BEDROOM
DEFECT CHECK INSPECTION
HOME STYLING WITH 3LITTLEPICKS


Like Us on Facebook if you enjoyed the read!
A stay at home mum, blogging to widen her social life. 
We want to echo the sound of love through our lives to inspire other mothers alike.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts