Date Night with Botaneco Garden

I am a full-time mommy and a part-time wifey. Especially so when we do not have a helper at home to watch over the children while we sneak out for a date night. I must keep reminded that my husband's love language is Quality Time; which means we need to make time for one another even if there's a need to activate either grandparents to watch the children for a couple of hours. We've dedicated every single minute of our time to our children and it seemed like we've sort of forgotten how to love! With the year coming to a close, we had better start making 2015 a well-balanced one. One that has child-spouse balance. 

We spent last evening with Botaneco Garden on a plant-powering date at Halia, an invited event. I was looking forward to dressing up and going on a special date with my man. Oh but you know? After what *counting fingers* 17 years, you do not get compliments anymore. He just sees right through you and don't say a word. Then a very pleasing conversation came up at our table:

Blogger A: Hi! I am a beauty blogger and you?
Blogger Me: Hello! I am a mommy blogger. 
Blogger A: WHAT?! How many children do you have? Are you sure? You are a mom? Oh my goodness you have a better figure that I do!
Blogger Me: *hahhaha* I have two children and awwww thank you! 

Husband: Yup! My wife is looking good right?

SCORE! I finally heard a compliment from him! Oh Meyer Meyer, don't forget my love language is Words of Affirmation. Do not stop affirming me, my presence and my efforts! I have the crowd at last night's event to thank. *hahah*



We were introduced to the range of Trio Oil Hair and Body Collection from Botaneco Garden and I am so switching my regular brands to support nature's way of nourishing beauty. After the horrible bout of haze, I became obsessed about moving on to eco-friendly products with ingredients harvested from nature . 

The Botaneco Garden Trio Oil Hair and Body range is infused with a combination of three 100% eco-certified exotic oils:

1) Babassu Oil from Latin America - ideal for hair moisturisation
2) Chufa Oil from France - contains Omega 6 and 9 as well as Vitamin E
3) Baobab Oil from Africa - laden with Omega 3, 6 and 9 fatty acids protecting it from damage caused by the sun and free radicals


Orgnanic. Eco-Friendly. Natural. These three words put together define Expensive. I was surprised to find that the products are priced within reach for a high quality solution to my family's personal care needs! Hold your breath as I share the price-tags. They are available at Guardian Pharmacy from S$2 to S$12.90! Meyer and I are sold. No reason not to give them a try when they have such affordable price points really. Bring on healthier hair and skin which in turn, brings about a more youthful appearance. I enjoyed the compliments tonight and would like to keep that going for another decade. Entrusting ourselves to Botaneco Garden from now! 

We were then treated with a DIY Scent Bar where we created from scratch our own perfumes and terrariums to bring home with. It seems like the Yang family, that's us by the way, are making one too many indoor miniature gardens in glass containers this year. While Ewan's a junior expert in terrarium-making (four under his belt now), these two terrariums are our firsts. I chose a daddy and mommy pair of bunnies for mine while Meyer did a zen garden instead (no animals involved. Not Man enough you know?). He was so proud of his terrarium that he placed it on his work desk. Sent me a random text message this afternoon, "My terrarium is so nice!"


Date nights such as this are a treat and we like it that we got to spend some great couple time working on a fun activity, mingling with new people and enjoying good conversations. Delighted to be working towards a healthier relationship together!


Ewan's Terrarium Posts:

4 September 2015

11 June 2015


Like Us on Facebook if you enjoyed the read!
A stay at home mum, blogging to widen her social life. 
We want to echo the sound of love through our lives to inspire other mothers alike.

Comments

Popular Posts