My Child Taught Me A Life Lesson I Won't Forget

As parents, we are always busy educating, feeding and helping our children navigate the world that we do not realise that they are teaching us about Life at the same time!

My children had taught me so much: 
1. Be Fearless
2. Forgive and Forget
3. Live in the Moment
4. To Love Unconditionally
5. Laughter is the Best Medicine

And the most recent, eight year old Faye caught me by surprise with her train of thoughts that left me dumbfounded with pride. Her heart center is Honesty and the clarity of her vision is sharp. I’m pleased she has a good head on her shoulders and might just be the child bringing home the lesser worry. 


A few days ago, while we were out at a mall, she had her palm over her school’s crest on her chest and whispered. “I stepped on that man’s foot.” 

“Oh! You did? I think It’s okay.” I assured her as I saw the man walk away without a limp or a scowl. 

“But I am wearing my school uniform.” She shared worryingly. “I am wearing my school uniform and I stepped on that person’s foot. I did not apologise.” 

That was when it dawned on me that she remembered the words I often preach: Whenever you are out in your school uniform, you need to ensure you are neat and tidy with your shirts tucked. Most importantly, you must adhere to good conduct because you are a representation of your school. It is our duty to uphold the name of our schools and not have any one sneer or criticise you or your schoolmates. 

“Would you like to apologise Faye?” I offered. She nodded and we shelved our dinner plans temporarily to do the right thing; for her heart, for her integrity. 

We approached the gentleman with our apologies. He was taken aback and he was also quick to assure my little girl that it was absolutely alright. He took a quick look at her school’s emblem and gave an approving nod. 

By doing this, we both felt really good in our hearts. 


On another occasion still on the Honesty topic, she displayed exemplary character which surprised me. We were at a Children's Day celebration at School and I ran over to her to give her a tip about a Guessing Game the school was playing. I whispered to her the answer which I came to know! 

I was ashamed of myself when she responded in disbelief, "But that's cheating mommy! I will not participate."

This mom's jaw dropped at her daughter's incorruptible character. She is more than I ever had been! 

Don't ever be influence by peer pressure my dear girl. You are building the strongest foundation one could ever have.




Like Us on Facebook if you enjoyed the read!
A stay at home mum, blogging to widen her social life. 
We want to echo the sound of love through our lives to inspire other mothers alike.

Comments

Popular Posts