Ewan Turns Nine: Pokémon

How does it feel turning Nine my son? You wanted a Pokémon party last year but changed your mind. Didn't think you'd request for it this year but sure! Happy to put together a "Gotta Catch Them All" theme for you. 

Yet another stay home celebration because of COVID-19 but that's alright. All that you need are here. 

You came up with your own Birthday schedule. A Birthday Timeline. And we promised we will follow it to the T [if it wasn't outrageous]. Thank goodness there was no requirement for us to wind down the windows at a car wash! *hahaha* I would have to grit my teeth to say Yes to that. But I will. Daddy may not. 

So there we had a No Rules Day! Say Yes Day! However you want to call it, it is Happy Birthday! 

The toughest request from you was for us to sing Pokémon’s “Together Forever” in place of a “Happy Birthday” song when we cut the cake. I practiced like crazy the day before! I think we kindaf pulled it off pretty well. 


I'm sure you must have forgotten the feeling of turning nine. You counted down to your birthday like an eager beaver. You told everyone including 公公 that you wouldn't be able to sleep the night before. You woke up from excitement at 5.30am and we sent you back to sleep because that's crazy early!

The night before, daddy and I put up all the Pokémon characters 妹妹 and you coloured. After blue-tagging everything up and looking at it from afar, I felt a tinge of regret. It was too messy! The wallpaper and Pokémon cut-outs blinded me! I wistfully asked daddy, "Can we redo this wall? Move the Pokémons somewhere else maybe?" 

Daddy told me to do it myself if I wanted to because he was done for the night *haha* And he added that it wouldn't bother you. That's the least important thing on your birthday plan and that you will still love it on that messy wall. 

True enough, you stood there admiring the wall on your own. After naming each Pokémon you saw, you turned around and threw me a hug. No "Thank You"s but I returned a "You're Welcome".

The usual protocol is to sing birthday song, make a wish, blow out the candles before opening any birthday presents. However, you scribbled on your Birthday Schedule that you'd like to open your presents first. Now why not. If I were a kid, I would want to do that too. Even before brushing my teeth!

I'd like you to know that even though we didn't invite anyone over for your birthday, you still received quite a handful of presents. Not only from family but from mommy's friends too. This I want you to appreciate and be grateful for. Because son, they aren't obligated to celebrate you. Some of the names of these Aunties you don't even have a clear face of in your mind because you hardly see them. Yet, they still sent a little something over to brighten up your day. These gestures we should never take for granted of. 

We played board games and video games, read storybooks, watched cartoons, played Nerf Gun war, threw my rule of no-playing-Pokémon-while-walking out of the window and let you do it as we took a hike to the cake shop to pick up your Pokémon macarons. We had alone time and we had we-time. Oh man. Do you remember you cheated on Monopoly and got your sister in tears? Just because you landed on her expensive plot of land and you didn't want to pay up. There we imparted a lesson or two. 

Winding up the day with a Pizza and Movie Night! 

What I love most are the reactions you gave us when you received a gift that made you extremely happy. I couldn’t capture every expression and every gift in time but thankful I got a few for keepsake. 

Thank you for being such a simple person. When I told you I didn't have enough candles to make nine and asked if one candle will suffice, you said, "Sure. No candles' fine too." 

I had many ideas in mind for your birthday cake. One of which is a Pokemon Ball Chocolate Piñata. It’s really trending you know? You requested for an Oreo Cheesecake second year in a row though. We know you like the one at Starbucks but apparently they don’t sell them whole. That’s a shame because Cat and The Fiddle really ain’t as good as it used to be. 
Second year in a row with Cat and The Fiddle Oreo Cheesecake! I hope we find something better next year. 

Thank goodness for delicious macarons hand-painted by Aunty Sam from Cupplets! You children gobbled them up even before touching the cheesecake. I think for future birthdays, I shall make macarons the “new birthday cake” since they are easy and clean [and quick] to eat!


Next year, you will turn 10. 

For now, I'll enjoy the innocence in you. Love you son! Through the naughties and sweetness.

Read Ewan's other Birthday Celebrations:
First Birthday, 2013
Second Birthday, 2014
Third Birthday, 2015
Fourth Birthday, 2016
Fifth Birthday, 2017
Sixth Birthday, 2018

Like Us on Facebook if you enjoyed the read!
A stay at home mum, blogging to widen her social life. 
We want to echo the sound of love through our lives to inspire other mothers alike.

Comments

  1. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts