Making Muddy Memories

Gypsie has her beauty sleep through the night now but she's usually up and about by 5.30am. That would mean she'll come wake me up at that time to go pee and poo. Sometimes, she will go back to sleep. Sometimes, she just wants to play. 

Me? Most mornings, I just want to go back to sleep but this morning, I decided to reply my emails before the house wakes up. The serenity, the dampness of the morning and the clucking of chickens are what I call morning bliss. Ah ya.. somewhere in my neighbourhood there must be a brood of chickens because I hear them in the morning.

Well you see, last night I fell asleep with the kids and missed responding to everyone who was trying to reach me. It's the school holidays and the kids' take precedence over everything else. Whatever me-time or work-time will have to wait till they turn in for bed or like today, before they wake up. I killed today with non-stop action. 

After sending daddy to work, I brought them kids to Jurong Lake Garden. They have this wonderful playful playground which the kids always enjoy and a Dog Run I wanted to bring Gypsie to. 

"Should we go to your playground first or Gypsie's playground?" I asked Ewan and Faye. 

They chose theirs first and off we went!

The sky was dark. Over-casted. It wasn't hot and I was crossing my fingers it doesn't rain on us. Typically, it should be a no-go because as we reached the carpark, my windshield was greeted by droplets of rain. It was a slight drizzle and I didn't want to dampen their spirits. We even brought breakfast for picnic! 

I made the call to go full-on ahead. If it rained hard on us, I'd be damned. Imagine the cleaning up I have to handle after their play!

Well, it went well. The clouds held up for us. 

Gypsie was just as excited as Ewan and Faye were. She was pulling me like crazy, chasing after her siblings! I was thankful I wore my pair of tightly-clung-to-feet sports shoes. I would have tripped and fall otherwise. She wanted to go on the slide with them. She wanted to play on the see-saw! She wanted to be involved! However, I don't think I'm able to let her enter the playground premises. We were always watching and staying on the sideline. In all honesty, I didn't want her going into the sand. I cannot imagine the horror of dusting them off before going into the car. 

I was doing all I can to keep her relatively clean. After all, she just showered less than a week ago. 

We left North Carpark [children's playground] and headed for South Carpark where the Dog Run is situated. I should have first checked but I didn't and let Gypsie run freely at Dog Run.

Little did I know. Until Ewan came running to me, "Mommy the grass is muddy!"

It was too late. 

I resigned to my [mom's] fate. 

Before Gyspie got all muddy, a park-goer commented, "You are so brave to bring all three of them out alone." I was puzzled hearing that because nah... how hard can that be? Even though I’ve reprimanded the kids for fighting over snacks and trampolines. Even though I had been pulling Gypsie back with all my might from jumping into sand and playing with her siblings on the see-saw. Even though it drizzled and I just crossed my fingers it doesn’t pour.

Well yes. It turned out to be rather hard *haha* but hey! We Made Muddy Memories to last us a lifetime. School holidays are meant to be this memorable *smiles* 


I decided to not think beyond the moment even though I have to get us all fed for lunch, bathe this dirty furry fella, somehow make it in time for Drums, Art and Taekwondo lessons. We will eventually be able to figure this out and we did.

Like Us on Facebook if you enjoyed the read!
A stay at home mum, blogging to widen her social life. 
We want to echo the sound of love through our lives to inspire other mothers alike.

Comments

  1. I really want to thank Dr Emu for saving my marriage. My wife really treated me badly and left home for almost 3 month this got me sick and confused. Then I told my friend about how my wife has changed towards me then she told me to contact Dr Emu that he will help me bring back my wife and change her back to a good woman. I never believed in all this but I gave it a try. Dr Emu casted a spell of return of love on her, and my wife came back home for forgiveness and today we are happy again. If you are going through any relationship stress or you want back your Ex or Divorce husband you can contact his whatsapp +2347012841542 or email emutemple@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting Article. Hoping that you will continue posting an article having a useful information. Property Inspections Sydney

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts