The Kids' Pa Pa: "He Makes Us Breakfast"

Preparing breakfast is mostly a mom's job but here in our household, our daddy figure does it because he's the first to wake at home before the sun rises. It's not that I'm being lazy as a Mom and Wife! It's just the way he fills our buckets [or tanks however you call it] by letting us sleep in a little longer. 

Not only does he puts breakfast on the table, he fills your bottles and packs both your snack and lunch boxes too. He always makes sure I drink something in the morning while I "5 Things We Love About Daddy" hurriedly get you kids out of your beds and into your uniforms. 

No wonder his Father's Day wish was, "Tomorrow is Father's Day right? So my Father's Day present is, nobody says these few words - Daddy, Father, Papa, Dad." Faye asked, "Huh? Then what do we call you?"

Daddy replied, "Don't call me tomorrow!" *haha*

He just wanted a day off. 

And this is the reason why I decided to feed him crazy with all these food deliveries on Father's Day starting with Breakfast! With food he had been craving for all Circuit Breaker we haven't had. Prata, Mao Shan Wang, Spicy Sotong and Petai and Brinjal and Buah Keluak, Chewy Brownies and Glenmorangie 10 Year Old Single Malt Whiskey all at once!

Do you remember what you said to me the night before Ewan? I walked into your room and told you guys, "Let's discuss about Father's Day breakfast children!" and you said, "Yes! I was just thinking about it and I want to tell you I've got it all planned. I'll sneak out to the kitchen while you both are still sleeping and make bread..."

I stopped you short with, "We have no more bread Ewan."

Uh-oh! You were at a lost. You only know how to make bread *haha* Bread with Butter or Bread with Peanut Butter. So I suggested us walking out to pack Prata home for Pa Pa because he always wanted Prata but we always told him we weren't keen. It's his day! Let's give him his curry, prata and teh!


Faye Faye volunteered to, "I stay at home! I don't want to go out. I make sure daddy doesn't make breakfast while you are out."

When we came home, I heard from daddy that 妹妹 couldn't control herself! You went in and out of his room several times and voluntarily shared that Mommy and Kor were out getting Bread Talk. Then you asked him to not make breakfast. In the end, you couldn't tahan any longer, you told daddy, "Actually they went out to get prata!" All these while, daddy didn't even ask you a single thing. *haha* Too cute you!

The only reason I came up with this title is because you both wrote the same thing on your "5 Things We Love About Daddy" card to him - Pa Pa Makes Breakfast For Us.


His deliveries slowly came one after another and he didn't really stop eating! He ate so much by tea time, he decided to skip dinner. The daddy's stomach was filled.

Kor Kor asked him which was his favourite meal of the day and he said it has got to be the lunch from Quentin's because he finally got to eat Spicy Petai and Sotong! It is an Eurasian restaurant and you know, I've brought you kids there several times. You say you don't remember but it's that restaurant that has a playroom with a ball pit and lots of storybooks and playthings? Read Exploring Home of The Peranakans: Joo Chiat and Katong.

I didn't make lunch a surprise because I really wanted him to enjoy it. I passed him the menu and he selected the dishes without forgetting that we three do not take spicy!

He chose:
- Sambal Petai Calamari
- Buah Keluak Curry
- Wagyu Potato Fritters
- Patchiri
- Chap Chye

For the month of June, Quentin's running a 20% promotion for all deliveries [discount automatically applied upon check-out] and is offering Free Delivery for orders above S$80. 

The portion was so large we had leftovers for our next meal.


At lunch, I gave him his Father's Day presents! He asked you children if you paid mommy for all these presents and you guys asked him the funniest question, "Why?"

BECAUSE HE ISN'T MY DADDY! HE'S YOUR DADDY!

So, I shouldn't be the one spending money on him! *haha* But you know, for as long as you guys are still too young to go out shopping for him, mommy will do it on your behalves to make daddy feel special on Father's Day, Birthdays and Christmases.

The presents! Daddy loves his Whiskey and I chanced upon a Glenmorangie 10 Year Old Single Malt Whiskey Father's Day set online which I bought in a heartbeat! It comes with a Stainless Steel Flask [which Ewan you said you wanted to use!], a box of three Glenmorangie Single Malt 10 Years Whiskey Cocktails and an exclusive Glenmorangie rock glass.


As if there wasn't enough to drink and eat, we've got desserts to fatten him up in between Breakfast & Lunch and Lunch & Dinner.

DURIANS AND BROWNIES!


He had his Mao Shan Wang at 10.30am and his favourite home-made Brownies from Aunty Sylvia at 4pm. By then, he was feeling like a hippopotamus! *haha*

So when Kor Kor asked, "Can anyone bring me rollerskating?" Daddy volunteered.

Happy Father's Day Meyer!

Your children loves you 3000. You are so important to us!



A stay at home mum, blogging to widen her social life. 
We want to echo the sound of love through our lives to inspire other mothers alike.

Comments

  1. Thanks for this. I really like what you've posted here and wish you the best of luck with this blog and thanks for sharing. Building and timber pest inspection sydney

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to thank Dr Emu for saving my marriage. My wife really treated me badly and left home for almost 3 month this got me sick and confused. Then I told my friend about how my wife has changed towards me then she told me to contact Dr Emu that he will help me bring back my wife and change her back to a good woman. I never believed in all this but I gave it a try. Dr Emu casted a spell of return of love on her, and my wife came back home for forgiveness and today we are happy again. If you are going through any relationship stress or you want back your Ex or Divorce husband you can contact his whatsapp +2347012841542 or email emutemple@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts