Teachers Bao Sua Bao Hai

We were left with only 24 hours before Teacher's Day Celebrations and Mommy Me was scrambling like a mouse trying to put gifts together for the teachers that made a difference in Ewan and Faye's lives! 

Frankly speaking, it's a lot more work than last Teacher's Day because Faye is now schooling. We will be thanking twice the number of teachers from 2015 *gasps* and I love personalised gifts. A different gift for every teacher and the task can be quite daunting when you do not personally know the teachers. Does Ms Patsy has ear holes or 童老师 likes tea? I called the preschool and dug some information from Joanna, their trusty school secretary. With that, I managed to come up with a gift each for every teacher who taught the children since Playgroup days. 

I say, "Teachers Bao Sua Bao Hai" aka "Teachers Cover Mountains Cover Sea" and they deserve their due recognition for nurturing our children. Ours is a childcare. Not only do they teach, they shower, feed, play and love our little ones while left in their care. On Teacher's Day, we show our gratitude to them - for their passion and for their protection. I found cute lunch boxes, tote bags, cups and more for each teacher and wish with all my might that it will come in handy for them. 


Gifts alone do not mean anything without some handicrafts made by Ewan and Faye. We put together something meaningful to complement the gifts. A HAND-made paper flower on straw. I picked this idea up from a blogger a few weeks ago [forgive me for not crediting because I forgot which blogger!] and decided to guide the children in the making for tomorrow's Teacher's Day celebration. One stalk per teacher and this should be the most meaningful flower I can think of to make. 

There are 10 petals on each stalk of flower and each petal represents one finger of each child, made out of the Left and Right hands of each child. Faye's flowers for her teachers are crafted with her palms and Ewan's with his. 


Materials You Will Need:
- Scissors
- Straws
- Glue
- Coloured Paper
- Markers


STEP 1: Trace Hand on Coloured Paper
STEP 2: Have Children Colour Them In
STEP 3: Cut Out The Hand Tracings

STEP 4: Add Glue to the Palms

STEP 5: Roll Hand Tracings [two on each straw]

STEP 6: Curl the Petals with a pair of Scissors

STEP 7: Initial Teachers' Names on Straws

STEP 8: There. You Have Your Hand-Made Flower.

TIP: Use Coloured Paper to get Colours on the Inner-Side

Now, I cannot believe I managed to get the teachers' presents out in a six hours including writing this blog! Sometimes Mom just gets hailed Super Moms for a reason. To all Super Moms out there, I am certain your children's teachers will appreciate every bit of your effort to make their day on Teacher's Day.

See lah! Moms also Bao Sua Bao Hai!


Ms Patsy: You know you are Faye's favourite right? In the beginning, for many many months, she did not allow anyone else to take her into class except you. When you went on a holiday, she was lost and was happy only if she saw Ms Melissa in your place. When she come home, she chants your name like you are her idol! "Ms Patsy" this and "Ms Patsy" that. You must have left a very deep impression on her to win her heart. Your love for her must have been the reason. Thank you for caring for her as much as the rest of the kids in class. When she falls or get bitten by mosquitoes, we hardly apply creams or balms on her. Your request for us to put the balm in her schoolbag touched our hearts. You told her dad, "Aiyo. She's a girl. Don't leave any scars. Let me apply it for her every day in school." When Meyer related this to me, I let out a laugh and appreciate your attentiveness to Faye Faye.

刘老师: [sorry I cannot write well in Chinese] Faye takes time to warm up to new people and when you became her teacher, I want to apologise for her nonchalant behaviour. You tried your best to shower her with care and concern only to get a little girl who rejects you time and time again. She did not allow you to carry her and would kick up a storm when you do. I was very embarrassed and I felt bad about it. You never gave up and today, Faye Faye comes home and talk to me about 刘老师 like her best friend! Thank you so much for trying more than ten times to win her trust. She is loving all the Chinese songs you taught her and I see her improving term by term with the way she converses in mandarin. {Big Hugs}


Ms Jaclyn: Congratulations on the arrival of Kara! Although we had you as class teacher for about half a year because you had to go away on maternity leave, we cannot wait for your return! Your passion for teaching is commendable. When I learnt where you stay [on the other side of Singapore], I was totally shocked! How in the world? There are so many pre-schools around your residential area but you chose to come all the way to the South to teach these bunch of pre-schoolers. Your decision baffles me but it also meant that this school is worth every bit of your effort to travel, no matter how far. With dedication like that, I am sure Ewan [or Faye] will benefit under your tutelage. I had seen you soft and I had seen you firm. Thank you for treating them like your own and showing no favouritism at all amongst the 16 kids in your class. Welcoming you back soon.

童老师:  [sorry I cannot write well in Chinese] You held the fort as main teacher since Ms Jaclyn left on maternity leave. There are many times when I see a very tired you when I pick Ewan from school. There is only so much you can handle but we are glad that you've got a replacement teacher to help you while Ms Jaclyn was away. Ewan can now read Chinese characters from storybooks and I thank you for your patience. I am sure he is one of those very mischievous kid in class, monkeying around whenever he gets a chance. Thank you for updating me all the time about his goods and bads; for teaching the children morals and dangers in life.

Read Also: 


Like Us on Facebook if you enjoyed the read!
A stay at home mum, blogging to widen her social life. 
We want to echo the sound of love through our lives to inspire other mothers alike.




Comments

Popular Posts