Dear Neighbours, I Apologise For The Peace We Disrupted

Dear Neighbours, 

I just wanted to say “Hi.” 

And also “Sorry.” 

You may have heard my children [and I]. They [and I] are that deafening noise that disrupt your peace. Let me explain what is happening on the other side of your hedge: 

We are not violent… 
That noise you hear at approximately 5.37pm on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays are mostly mine. The children would either be dead silent or crying bloody murder as I reprimand them for not listening after countless of gentle coaxing and chances. 

Looking at the clock as the minute hand steadily and loyally ticks towards 6.00pm, I lose my cool as time wastes away and there are still so much to settle with the kids. I need to start cooking dinner! 

“Can you please focus, write your words neatly, don't leave the table and stop fooling around?” and repeat for 50 minutes (which feels like 5 hours) is just me very gently gritting my teeth and pretending not to be irritated by the fact that they never listen. Not that you would know. 

We have not been burgled… 
The chaos you see inside my home is what happens when my eldest plays with his 105 beyblades [why does he have so many!] but walks away without keeping them. Or my dog dashing towards the door to bark at some stranger walking past and while doing so, pulls some wires off the wall socket along with her! And that wailing, that isn’t me beating my daughter up but her crying over having to do Problem Sums or Chinese Spelling. The house is in a chaos because she would flap her wings and jump on the spot until pens drop and chairs fall. I hope my screams of despair are suddenly acceptable to you. 

We are not housing mental asylum escapees… 
They’re my children. The repetitive shrill cry of “NO! STOOOOOOOP! GO AWAY!” is my youngest trying to get her brother out of her room because she wants to play on your own. But the brother thinks teasing her is the best play of the century as he laughs and pokes her ego at her door! 

I would then blow at the top of my lungs, "ENOUGH!" 

That being said, when asked if they are afraid of me, they often say No. 
Daddy, who hardly screams, is scarier. 

When we meet at the corridor and I am that gentle, loving mother you see… 
I really am! Despite all the scary noises you hear coming from my home, know that I am a gentle, loving, nurturing, kind, engaging, empowering mother to my adorable children. But first, they need to do their part to be sweet little beings with great attitude. Otherwise, it’s really quite hard to reciprocate. 

Shit happens and I don’t know how your homes can be so quiet and blissful. 

And finally – that silence? 

I haven’t finally lost it and smothered my family… 

No, that is just the sound of bedtime. That is the moment when little mini versions of my husband and I look the most angelic. It is also when my mom guilt kicks in and I need a bottle of wine to drown myself to sleep as I consider through a million other alternatives on How I Should Have Handled Today Better With Grace. 

While thinking about the alternatives to better parenting, I think about you too. If you'd judge me or understand what I'm going through as a Stay Home Mom. So, my lovely neighbours…sorry for the peace we disrupted. 

We are THAT family. But hey, every street has to have one right? Or please assure me so.





Like Us on Facebook if you enjoyed the read!
A stay at home mum, blogging to widen her social life. 
We want to echo the sound of love through our lives to inspire other mothers alike.

Comments

  1. Lol I think you are holding it together rather well. With my screaming, whining kids, I just lock myself in my bathroom crying once in a while. Yes neighbours think we are mad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't lock in the bathroom and cry? Just cry together with the kids!

      Delete
  2. Performance Rubber outsoles, and Elite Fit ankle harnesses, Flow Bindings Thirtytwo consistently enhances boots' fit, responsiveness, and durability, setting new standards in snowboard boot engineering.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts