DISCOUNT CODE: The Family's Tresses by Kenjo Hair Salon


I am sure you've seen Ewan's epic curls from Kenjo Hair Salon. His curls started off tight and very curly. With a little bit of imagination, you would have associated him with Puah Chu Kang but an adorable one. Nine months later with one hair trimming session, his curls stayed intact but loosened a lot more and looking rather K-Popish. He carried it well and received so many compliments everywhere we went. Paired with his vivacious demeanour, he stood out from the crowd.

Faye must be the youngest influencer Kenjo Hair Salon is working with to date! At barely two years of age, she is already being pampered by a director level Korean hair stylist in an adult-scene hair salon. Unlike her brother [who prefers to be entertained by YouTube], she sat and watched her hair transform through the mirror as Soo Bin worked professionally on her tresses. Although I was dissuaded from cutting her hair short, I really wanted it because I find little girls with short hair a lot easier to manage. Granted there are a lot more hair styles to longer hair, I did not want to stress her scalp with all those tight ponytail knots. How about a stylish bob?

Daddy's hair was also getting out of hand, growing out rather messily. We cannot wait to see how each member of the family will look at the end of the session. Everyone but mommy because without me running the floor from Ewan to Faye to Dad, I wouldn't have pictures for the purpose of this blog.

Here are the Yangs before the cut.


The salon got themselves ready for the arrival of Ewan and Faye with a selection of snacks! At Kenjo Hair Salon, all customers get a drinks menu but they understand that Green Tea and Coca Cola do not appeal to young children. Therefore, a selection of kiddy snacks were offered instead. Not a menu but a display of snacks brought to the table for them. Accept it if you think it'll help your child sit through the hair-cut or decline if you do not want him to snack. We went for it! It was the weekend and they do deserve a treat for behaving well on the barber's chair. We requested for an iPad as well for just-in-case moments. The salon has free wi-fi for us to tap on should Mickey Mouse be needed to save the day!


It was a cute sight watching daddy and his mini-mes get their hair done at the same time. While they get pampered, I spent my time managing the children's emotions, cleaning up dirty snacking hands and photographing them. Meyer gave Johnson, senior stylist, the liberty to come up with whatever he thought suits him best. The thing with men's hairstyle is [just as it is with their dressing], there isn't much room for variety like women. That said, I really liked what Johnson did for my husband! I do not really need him to be any taller than he already is with his hair standing up *haha* but it's a really cool hairstyle. If only Meyer knows how to style his hair after this salon trip...


Soo Bin, master hair designer, had always been taking care of the children's hair [and mine of course]. When we arrived, she suggested Ewan to have a fringe cut. I assume it's those cute boyish Korean look she had in mind and I really didn't mind it. We took a lot of convincing to get Ewan to have his hair cut that day. He said, "I don't want to cut hair! I like my curly hair." So I suggested a hairstyle without compromising on his curls and probably one that can allow a cute pony tail when the weather gets too roasting hot.

The first thing she did was shave and the shave got Ewan giggling with glee. It tickles! What came after was something pretty novel to me. A stick-on visor! No more hair on nose from fringe-cutting anymore!


Faye. She is such a girly girl. She looked at herself in the mirror for as long as her hair was being cut. With a Pepero packet in hand, Faye had the most pampering session. I was never the parent who had screaming children at the barber's chair. *heng ah* So! We had her hair cut really short and received two support teams. One liked it long and another liked it short. Which side are you on?


Mister Yang, Master Yang and Missy Yang came out of Kenjo Hair Salon looking rather hip! I went home with a Fashionable Father, Samurai Son and Bubbly Bub.


Before I end this post, I'd like to share how a hairstyle can transform a person. I was attending an event earlier this month and had the luxury to be styled by Kenjo Hair Salon for the night. Loving the look Soo Bin gave me and finally understood how celebrities look so good every day. They've got hair and make-up taken care of before every event!



Read Also:
9 December 2015 - Makeover at Kenjo Hair Salon
24 June 2015 - Kenjo Hair Salon

Contact:
68 Orchard Road, #04-72, Plaza Singapura (New Wing), Singapore 238839
Phone: 6238 8083


Deal:

Quote "LIANG MAY" when making an appointment to receive 15% off your hair and makeover services.


Children 5 years and below:

Boys' cut available at S$20
Girls' cut available at S$30

Children 6 years and above:
20% off regular price list [see menu]




Like Us on Facebook if you enjoyed the read!
A stay at home mum, blogging to widen her social life. 
We want to echo the sound of love through our lives to inspire other mothers alike.



Comments

  1. I almost choked on my tea when I saw your husband's before-the-cut photo!!! Hahaha.. My favourite is still YOUR hairdo at the end!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahah choked on our tea. That's how long he hasn't gone for a hair cut. All growing out like a mushroom! Ya! I think I like my hair best too but it was only for a day... In fact, few hours only!

      Delete
  2. Ewan looks super rad now! My boys cant carry off long hair/ curly hair/ funny hair... *cries*
    You look good with short hair + soft curls :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure they can! Just whether the adults can accept it or not lol Some hairstyles take us a little more than 3 days to accept =)

      Thanks for the compliments!

      Delete
  3. Ewan's hair transformation is the cutest and he carries it off well! And Faye looks so so cute as usual.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Finally someone likes Faye in short hair!

      Delete
  4. A real pampering treat for the whole family esp the kids! So many "tricks and treats" to entertain the kids. :) Just curious - why no whole family photos in this blog (the "after haircut" photo?). You have a gorgeous looking family. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha cause not everyone were cooperative to do a shot together leh. I did attempt but they all didn't turn up well hhhah

      Delete
  5. I must say the Before & After photos really makes a difference! I am definitely voting for the after version! Love Ewan's new look! I always feel my kids look the smartest whenever their hair is clipped/combed by the hair stylist.. :) Once they come back for their hairwash its back to square one. hahaha

    Phoebe
    BPDGTravels

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya! Really leh. We always look the best at the salon and wished we had a stylist at home all the time cause we don't know how to Style! Hahahah

      Delete
  6. Love the transformation and kids have that much patience to sit down. Btw love your haircut and styling they have done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was only 30 minutes for Ewan and 15 for Faye. Though ya, I agree they can be quite patient at certain things but not for some :) thanks for liking my hairdo!

      Delete
  7. All I can say is WOW WOW WOW!! The new hair cut look fabulous!!! I feel like changing my look too after looking at your beautiful transformation ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look gorg! And whoa, Ewan's hair is totally on-trend! Do you have to tie it regularly then? I like little girls with short hair too (as evidenced by my daughter's hair!) and Faye looks totally sweet, as always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya I would prefer tying it when we go out leh because letting it go looks WEIRD! hahahah

      Delete
  9. Love ewan's trendy hair! Lucky you, never the parent whose child screams bloody murder at the salon.. guess it depends on each child and how the salon pamper / entertain the kids!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha Yes lucky me Geraldine! I've heard too many "horror" stories!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts