My Drum School: MDS ROOM - An Awesome Communication Tool!

As a parent, I am proud of the school my son is learning drums from. My Drum School [MDS] has been keeping up with technology to provide students a platform to learn the instrument with digital scores and parents, an app developed by the school for us to communicate with our child's drum educator!


SCHOOL CALENDAR
On Ewan's first day at MDS, I was given a pocket-sized school calendar with information on Public Holidays, MDS Holidays, MDS Recitals, Exam Workshops and more. Important dates to note so that we can plan our yearly vacations and/or make sure we don't turn up for classes when the school is apparently closed for holidays. 

I lost that calendar twice [it's just so hard to be mindful with two active kids] and depended on Ewan's drum educator to remind me, "Next week no class ya?"

Sorry Cher! I'm glad I have it easily accessible now on my phone!


LESSON REPORTS
After every lesson, Ewan's drum eduator will spend two minutes with me updating on his progress and homework. Sometimes, I forget what was being said to me! Sometimes, I had to ask Ewan, "Oh dear, what was it your teacher wanted you to practice?"

Also with this awesome app MDS created, called MDS ROOM, I am able to keep track of these information and more without bothering his drum educator. Well, not like Wai Kiat minds but I now feel better equipped with what's going on at drum school especially when I get weekly lesson updates about Ewan's progress. Sometimes, I may miss that two minute face-to-face summary with Wai Kiat after Ewan's class and this Lessons feature is an effective communication tool. It is updated weekly after each lesson.


The MDS ROOM app even helps keep track of lessons we've missed for us to arrange for make-up with Teacher Wai Kiat! Have you been so busy with life that you've lost track of how many lessons your child had gone for? Especially when you've paid for an entire year of classes and don't have the memory of an elephant [or the meticulous trait of a super mom]? MDS ROOM has it all recorded and kept transparent to us parents.


LATEST NEWS
Whenever My Drum School has a new announcement to make, we can either pick it up on Instagram or Facebook. But what if one is not a social media parent?

It's on the app!

Click the picture below to watch what measures My Drum School had put in place over COVID-19. Now, parents aren't allowed to enter the school and students are to have their temperature checked at the door before entering. I love how serious they are at keeping their drum educators and students safe.


EVENTS
Latest events are also updated here on the app. What a pity recitals will be postponed till further notice; until the novel coronavirus takes a backseat. Looking forward to having Masterclasses [Mike Johnston, Arthur Kam and other renowned drummers] and Recitals back at the school!


PAYNOW
Life's easier now with PayNow! With a click of a button in the app, we can pay school fees without hassle. Wonderful!

Here's sharing Course Rates at My Drum School for your consideration:


All trial lessons will be conducted by the school's full-time educators and will last for 15 minutes at a fee of $20. The purpose is for the young student (5 to 12 years old) to tryout the drum kit, syllabus and have some hands-on experience. The educator will assess if the student is able follow basic instructions, feel comfortable with the drum kit and sound, and is teachable. If the student decides to register with us on the spot, the trial fees will be waived. All Trial Fees have to be paid at the conduct of Trial Lesson.


DISCOUNT CODE
"YANG EWAN"
1. Fill in Contact Information
2. Select "MDS Student" under "How did you hear about My Drum School"
3. Indicate discount code aka Yang Ewan under "Message"
4. Enjoy all the perks stated below!

Take S$50 off your first month's drum lessons at My Drum School [enjoy an additional 25% off your second month's lesson if you enrol at Ang Mo Kio branch] and get rewarded again with $100 off on your third month as a student in MDS!


BRANCHES
My Drum School Buona Vista (West)
35 Rochester Drive, #03-19 Rochester Mall S(138639)
Tel: +65 8799 9779
Nearest MRT: Buona Vista Station (EW 21)

My Drum School Potong Pasir (City)
51 Upper Serangoon Road, #03-06 The Poiz Centre Singapore 347697
Tel: +65 8799 9779
Nearest MRT: Potong Pasir [NE 10]

My Drum School Katong (East)
865 Mountbatten Road #06-21 Katong Shopping Centre Singapore 437844
Tel: +65 8799 9779
Nearest MRT: Paya Lebar [EW 8] [CC 9]

 MDS Ang Mo Kio (North)
61 Ang Mo Kio Ave. 8, #02-04 Jubilee Square Singapore 569814
Nearest MRT: Ang Mo Kio Station [NS16]


Like Us on Facebook if you enjoyed the read!
A stay at home mum, blogging to widen her social life. 
We want to echo the sound of love through our lives to inspire other mothers alike.

Comments

Popular Posts