The Making of #mmlittle家 - The Jungalow Living Room

We swapped the positions of our living and dining rooms because we wanted the bigger space to be more productive. The dining room should be a place where we dine, chat, work [art, school and office work], welcome friends and spend time together as a family. With that, it deserves a bigger square area than our living. More importantly, I didn't want a television in the living room. It is a room for communication and even when our guests visit us at home, I think we should be spending time engaging with one another rather than staring at a box. 

Because it was unconventional to do things this way, the idea that we won't have 4-seater sofa facing a television alarmed the man in the house. I assured him that he will get his man cave and that settled it! We dedicated the space nearest to our kitchen to our living room where we lounged with a book, magazine or electronic device. 

It took me a lot of convincing [the husband] to let me build a jungle around this space. He didn't quite like the idea but found no better options. We did go on a search for a painting that we may like but when we found it, it was ten grand. That was not going to cut. 

He agreed only after I pulled Sarah, founder of Poppy, in to style for us. Even so, he was still reluctant because he knew I was not a skilled gardener nor do I have interest in up-keeping. Watering plants would be last on my chores list but I told myself, new home new goals! I shall be diligent with plant caring!

Sarah came one Saturday morning and spruced up our living room with greens! Real leafy greens and they weren't just from her floral shop. She is unique and artistic in her own ways. Sarah said she brought these leaves and plants from her own garden! A stalk of leaf from this tree, two stalks from another and Wa La! She brought her garden into my home. 

It was wild and I love it. Give me a few undomesticated plants to style and I would be at a lost. Yet with Sarah, it was effortless. 


To be honest, I was a little frightened of these greens. I didn't know how to care for them and wished with all my might they flourish under my reign.  

Sarah isn't just a floral artisan who owns a floral shop and conduct floral and fauna related classes, she is also a botanical artist. Oh it's great to have a wide network of friends. Look at all the good fortune of knowing the right people! She painted us a Banana Leaf series for our living room which now sit beautifully next to our pre-refurbished Raffles Hotel Grand Hotel Suite Mirror.

Her creative spectrum of floral art work and artistic practice originates from her versatility in bridging illustrative art and practice-led expressions based on her experience rooted in art, design, fashion, marketing, travel, nature and creativity. Drawing influences from her passion in flowers and botanicals, she uses nature inspirations and reinvent nature installations to create an immersive experience. Above all, she is passionately inspired by beauty of nature.


But. The husband was right about me. It didn't take long before the plants whither and die. "I told you right? Use artificial ones." he cockily reminded me.

It was really difficult to find real looking artificial faunas. I went around in search for it but most looked as artificial as can be. Then 3LittlePicks somehow heard my woes and brought it a bunch of beautifully made faux plants! Check out their plant collection here.

Eucalyptus, lambs ear leaf, monstera, succulents, palms, ferns and even props and vases to add to the decor! I went crazy and surprisingly, I think I did really well with the arrangement. Adding to the shelf of plants overhead, I strategically placed Faye's cactus art piece next to the rest of the handsome-looking pots. She noticed it and I was proud. 

The best thing out of these precious finds is that I can skip all the climbing and watering real plants need!

3LittlePicks is running their Great Singapore Sale from 22 May to 11 June 2018. Take this chance to cart out your favourite decor items and enjoy additional 12% off their sale [no minimum spend] with code "MAY12". Note that this code is not applicable to Clearance and As-Is items.

Each week, 3LittlePicks will run different perks so do keep a look out! 

For GSS week 1 [22 to 28 May 2018], customers will get additional 50 PickPoints for every S$100 spent.


I added a Blue and Yellow Bloomingville Rug to add more texture to the room. It definitely is a lot more comfortable resting our feet on a warm piece of rug as opposed to a cold hard floor. I had been eyeing this rug since 2017 but wasn't sure if I should throw it in.

Looks like it was a good idea after all.

Find more inspirations we did with 3LittlePicks on our Home Styling post!


DISCOUNT CODE
Enjoy 12%off your shopping at 3LittlePicks with code
"MAY12"
(end 31st July 2018)

Not applicable for products under Clearance and As-Is

Read Also:
RENOVATIONS
MOOD BOARD
EWAN'S ROOM
FAYE'S ROOM
FAYE'S HOUSE BED
FAYE'S WALL MURAL
MASTER BEDROOM
DEFECT CHECK INSPECTION
HOME STYLING WITH 3LITTLEPICKS


Like Us on Facebook if you enjoyed the read!
A stay at home mum, blogging to widen her social life. 
We want to echo the sound of love through our lives to inspire other mothers alike.

Comments

Popular Posts